Hackers Taking Advantage Of Windows 7: Microsoft

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Be careful of pirated windows 7, we all know those copies would be easily available here in the Philippines Anyone seen any or willing to admit that they bought any yet? For testing only, of course! SugarwareZ-004.gif Hackers taking advantage of Windows 7: Microsofthttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/technology/05/0...ows-7-microsoftMicrosoft said Thursday that cybercriminals are already hawking booby-trapped versions of just-released Windows 7 operating system software."It's so important for customers to get their copies of Windows from a trusted source," Joe Williams, general manager, Worldwide Genuine Windows at Microsoft, said in an interview posted at the company's official website.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

yea .... and also a good way to frighten off people from buying pirated copies ....... Like some one saying "I'm not responsible if someone steals your car if you don't pay me 100p to watch it" ..... that used to be the response from the little Mexican boys that ran the parking lots in "Boys Town" when we used to cross the border (legally) to play ....... we used to give them 1p to watch our car all night ..... only down side is they used to sit on the hood ...... but then in those days they made cars out of metal ..... hahahahahaha

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
yea .... and also a good way to frighten off people from buying pirated copies ....... Like some one saying "I'm not responsible if someone steals your car if you don't pay me 100p to watch it" ..... that used to be the response from the little Mexican boys that ran the parking lots in "Boys Town" when we used to cross the border (legally) to play ....... we used to give them 1p to watch our car all night ..... only down side is they used to sit on the hood ...... but then in those days they made cars out of metal ..... hahahahahaha
I had some little bastard tell me that I had to pay him ten dollars or the tires would get cut. I told him that I would give him a dollar to watch the car and then announced that I would pay $20 to anyone who killed anyone who cut the tires. Needless to say, they did not wish to sacrifice anyone, and it turned out that they were happy to watch the car for free while watching others who paid. I did give them $5 at the end when we got back, but because I wanted to and not because of their threat.....I also think had I said $100, I might have had a pile of bodies there when I got back because $5 was a lot of money back then.Yup, pirated software, what a deal. :SugarwareZ-034: SugarwareZ-004.gif Edited by Mr. Lee

Markham
Posted
Posted
Be careful of pirated windows 7, we all know those copies would be easily available here in the Philippines Anyone seen any or willing to admit that they bought any yet? For testing only, of course! SugarwareZ-004.gif Hackers taking advantage of Windows 7: Microsofthttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/technology/05/0...ows-7-microsoftMicrosoft said Thursday that cybercriminals are already hawking booby-trapped versions of just-released Windows 7 operating system software."It's so important for customers to get their copies of Windows from a trusted source," Joe Williams, general manager, Worldwide Genuine Windows at Microsoft, said in an interview posted at the company's official website.
What utter drivel! Windows 7 isn't even released! This coincides with the news that one of the hugest headaches for Vista users - "Windows Genuine Advantage" which reportedly fails on 1 in 20 legal installations - has been rebranded and included in Windows 7 as "Windows Activation Technologies". Many view WGA/WAT as a booby-trap never mind those that might be added by cyber-criminals.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Before M$ releases any product they will send out beta test programs to a bunch of trusted beta testers ....... I have a good friend back in Florida that is one of them ...... before an official ME was released to the public he was testing it for 6-8 months ...... knowing that I would not give it to anyone else he gave me a copy with the understanding that I would tell him about any bugs I found (like I could really tell) and he would report them to M$ ........ I was using it a good 4 months before it was released ...... I'm sure other beta testers did the same thing ...... some I'm sure got into the hands of hackers ..... now this is not the same thing that you see on sites offering programs to beta testers that anyone can try ...... he said you had to know someone at M$ and be recommended before you could be an official BT .......

Ginamos
Posted
Posted

Windows 7 is available to the general public as a beta download here, so there's absolutely no need to buy pirated copies. The download is over 2GB, so if you have a slow connection you may have a problem. The version will apparently work until 1 June 2010, after that time it will restart every 2 hours, to give you the hint to buy it. It's a full release, so software updates will be available.I've been trying it out, and it's stable and quick. From the reviews many are rating it as considerably better than Vista, even though it hasn't been officially released yet.