Role Call, Where Do You Live And Where Would You Like To Live And Why?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

We live in Cebu 3 to 4 months a year and with the hopes of moving here full time but for now, we also live in Florida USA the rest of the year, and while we are not traveling around the states.We love Cagayan de Oro but so far no condos there, and we sort of prefer the quiet and more or less secure life that condos in Cebu, Philippines seem to offer. They are not at all like condos in the states and no condo commandos here to speak of trying to cause problems. Where do you all live and where would you like to live in the Philippines and why?

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
We live in Cebu 3 to 4 months a year and with the hopes of moving here full time but for now, we also live in Florida USA the rest of the year, and while we are not traveling around the states.We love Cagayan de Oro but so far no condos there, and we sort of prefer the quiet and more or less secure life that condos in Cebu, Philippines seem to offer. They are not at all like condos in the states and no condo commandos here to speak of trying to cause problems. Where do you all live and where would you like to live in the Philippines and why?
I've lived here in Cebu for the past 2 years and pretty much intend to stay here.The politically correct answer to the question, "where would you like to live in the Philippines?" is, "wherever my SO" is!!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I've lived here in Cebu for the past 2 years and pretty much intend to stay here.The politically correct answer to the question, "where would you like to live in the Philippines?" is, "wherever my SO" is!!
That is true, but often and preferably not where the majority of our So's family lives. SugarwareZ-007.gifSugarwareZ-004.gif Most of my wifes family lives in Mindanao but she does have family near Toledo which is about 2 hours away by car or bus. Ahhhh, more than close enough or just right IMO

Grumpy
Posted
Posted

Grumpy here, Asawa, our two boys and I live in North Port, FL USA for now.If we could win a large lottery prize, say $250,000. or more we would move to Lucena City, Quezon province Philippines in a heart beat! That is where her family is. Only her 3 brothers and sister live there. Her parents passed away some time ago. The rest of her family (aunts, uncles, cousins) live a few hours away in all directions from Lucena City.Lucena City is quite large and is in the southern coast of Luzon. Population is about 250,000. It has 2 malls and a nice Bayan. it has everything we need!The reason we need the lottery cash is because I drank away all of my earnings in the early years and now at 52 stopped drinking and I am just starting to save. I guess moving to the Philippines is just a pipe dream. But one can dream huh!All the best,Larry D

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I live in Baguio full time. The mountains suit me well. I just can't take the heat and humidity in most other parts of the Philippines, so I would not want to live anywhere else.We're in the process of arranging a move back to the US. We'll likely settle in Tucson, AZ or the Tampa area, so my respite from either heat or humidity is going to be short-lived.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I am in Phoenix right now. I am planning on locating to the Philippines soon. Initally at least I plan to settle in Cebu. It has a good central location, good weather and access to shopping and medical facilities. I may not stay in Cebu permanently but it seems to be a good location for scouting about for where I really want to live permanently.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
I live here until December, then back to Norway. I like life here, and would have no problem settling down for a longer time. But i still consider myself restless, and would like to try a couple of other places. Italy or Malta are two options I would like to try. Italy for the food, wine and culture, Malta for a nice climate and low price level, but still inside Europe.