Srrv Vs A 13A

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

Responses to my first question were informative, I should have included this as part two, to the original question.

I am married to a filipina, so the 13a visa was an option, however, we didnt realize we had to fly back to the state we were married to have the marriage certificate validated by the overseeing Philipino consulate (that is ridiculous).  So I am initially opting for the SRRV because it seems to be less of a pain in the ass. 

Any insight as to which is the better visa to obtain, the SRRV or 13a?  Hassle free, cost, benefits etc. 

Thanks in advance

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Any insight as to which is the better visa to obtain, the SRRV or 13a?  Hassle free, cost, benefits etc.

Moved topic to "Travel and Visa Information".

I only know what I've read about the SRRV and the fees are listed on the web page. Seems pretty straightforward. I am halfway through the 2 step - 13a process. There are new requirements for police clearance from the NBI and from the police in your home country that were implemented by the previous BI commissioner (since resigned). Cost is somewhere between 15-p20k total, I believe. Takes about a year and a half including the 1 year "probationary" period. Both these options are for people who are staying long term.

If you're married to a Filipine citizen and plan to retire (not work) in the Philippines, the balikbayan stamp is the easiest, hassle-free option there is; you just leave the country and return together once a year and you don't have to deal with any of this. It's not guaranteed you will get it but it's seldom denied. No fees.     

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
we didnt realize we had to fly back to the state we were married to have the marriage certificate validated by the overseeing Philipino consulate (that is ridiculous)

That is ridiculous!  Oh... you said that... Seems like a marriage certificate is a marriage certificate, they got some stupid rules.

• Like 1