Solar Charger

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I carry with me a small solar charger about the size of a larger cellular phone. It charges a built-in battery and you transfer to your cellular phone the stored energy. The problem is anyone who sees me with the solar device wants it. I usually leave it behind as a gift before exiting the Philippines.

Does anyone know what shops might carry a solar charger here in Phils?  Good gadget to have when you lose power!  Maybe CDR King?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have seen some solar chargers at CD-R King.  They had quite a few options. Most were under p1,000. 

My sister bought me this one before I left the US and I use it all the time!  I did not know if I would really use it.  I know that won't help you... but I do know CD-R King sells some.

http://store.solio.com/Solio-Store/CLASSIC2-Solar-Battery-Charger-S13-AF1RW

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have seen some solar chargers at CD-R King.  They had quite a few options. Most were under p1,000. 

My sister bought me this one before I left the US and I use it all the time!  I did not know if I would really use it.  I know that won't help you... but I do know CD-R King sells some.

http://store.solio.com/Solio-Store/CLASSIC2-Solar-Battery-Charger-S13-AF1RW

I just went to CDR-King and they only had one type in stock.  It is a rather large kit for 1580p, including 2 lights and the other charging accessories.  She said they carry some others but were out of stock.

I bought a car charger kit so we can charge almost any phone or USB chargeable item in the car.  It was p499 at Concorde auto.  As long as my car is working and nearby, that should get us by in a power outage.  

I will still look for a smaller solar kit.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just did a search on their website and they have a dozen different solar chargers... now finding one in a local store... good luck.  But with the typhoon coming overhead tomorrow I am glad to have my charger!

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I ordered the Solio one from Amazon. It will take about a month, won't help me with this one but the next and next. Wish it powered an air conditioner. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I ordered the Solio one from Amazon. It will take about a month, won't help me with this one but the next and next. Wish it powered an air conditioner. 

Mike, you have Amazon ship to you in the Philippines?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Mike, you have Amazon ship to you in the Philippines?

I use my-shoppingbox.com, to forward it from a Calif address to here. They provide the US address. It's good for small items. Takes about 3 weeks once they receive it, haven't had a problem yet.  

• Like 3