Getting Out Of Pl

Chopper
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am new here, but maybe a regular visitor soon.

I work offshore, and I do a lot of travelling. So when I finish work, I just want to chill.

I have lived in Thailand for 8 years now, and I am looking to move elsewhere. I have visited Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Loa, and Malaysia, but none seem suitable really.

I have been talking to a lady in Cebu, on the internet for about 6 Months now, and we get along great. She is desperate to come here and meet me now.

I have just sent her 150 $ to get a passport etc, but she cant get it yet as eveywhere is closed with the Typhoon, first does anyone know a place open where she could get this money in Cebu ?

The second most important thing is that I have heard stories of people who have paid for flights for ladies out of the Philippines, for them only to get turned away at the Airport and the flight lost.

I dont mind paying for the flight, but can anyone tell me the best way around this, as I dont just want to throw 300-400 $ dollars away for nothing.

Also If all goes well, I may move to the Phillipines, but I have heard it can be quite dangerous for a westerner, can you shed any light on this.

Any good advice is most appreciated.

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

If I were you I would forget sending money and come here yourself for a visit. 

Excellent advice from MikeB and I imagine you'll hear it repeated a few times before long. :tiphat:

• Like 4

Bill Smith
Posted
Posted

If I were you I would forget sending money and come here yourself for a visit. 

Excellent advice from MikeB and I imagine you'll hear it repeated a few times before long. :tiphat:

Yes, especially if you never hear from her again after you send the money.

• Like 1