Dti Blacklists 23 Local, 28 Foreign Cargo Forwarders

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Interesting ..... I had mine shipped by South Atlantic Cargo (one of those mentioned) and never had a bit of trouble and neither did several other people I know ..... not saying that things can't change over time but we also know how the big companies like LBC and others play dirty pool to get more business by eliminating their competitors ..... sounds more like someone trying to get an early Christmas present (use your own imagination) or more Phil companies trying to get an exclusive .... 

Also could it be that people don't know how to label the boxes or to tape them properly .... the shipper told me to label all 6 sides of the box and cover every square inch of the box with clear packing tape .... crap .... I've seen some boxes sent with rope tied around them to keep from buying tape .....

We had a distribution warehouse for BB boxes about 4 doors down from us in Cebu and I used to watch them unload and load up the trucks for delivery .... I used to laugh my arse off at the condition and the way some of that crap was boxed .... sometimes (well maybe most of the time) common sense escapes people ..... and now that you are supposed to declare what is in the boxes I'm sure a lot more boxes won't get delivered .....

OK ... there .... I've had my rant or the day ..... :thumbsup:  ..... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Dougbert
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's disturbing!  I think 2GO is what the US embassy uses to get passports back to their owners after receiving a visa (e.g., K-1, K-3).

Edited by Dougbert
  • Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Great post! I have been going to look up info on BB as it is something that I know very little about, and my family in the UK and Canada, keep asking me how they can send "stuff" to us. 

Of course as neither I nor my relatives are Filipino, I have not known if we can receive BB, from over seas.

Thanks

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Of course as neither I nor my relatives are Filipino, I have not known if we can receive BB, from over seas.

Yeah, I was happy to find that out too. I just assumed I could not....  but when I moved over here I shipped 11 large BB boxes to myself.  Under $1,200 total cost and took barely a month!

And the good news is that Forex is not on this list.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great post! I have been going to look up info on BB as it is something that I know very little about, and my family in the UK and Canada, keep asking me how they can send "stuff" to us. Of course as neither I nor my relatives are Filipino, I have not known if we can receive BB, from over seas. Thanks Papa Carl

I was told that the boxes I'll be sending over will be done by AMJ Campbell... It's the major moving company here in Canada and they are note handling BB Boxes to the Philippines. As for who to label the boxes to? According to my local Filipino store where I pick up my boxes, addressing them to myself is fine. I told her that I was a little uncomfortable with that and she suggested using a wife or girlfriend as the addressee. She did mention that she sends things over all the time and the name used as the addressee if a Canadian man's name... Never any trouble of any kind! Sent by Gaseous Monkeys using tin cans, a very long string and Tapatalk... Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I told her that I was a little uncomfortable with that and she suggested using a wife or girlfriend as the addressee.

Be Careful as wife might get the box meant for girlfriend.

Sorry but can't help myself  :hystery:

• Like 2