Warning For Scammers After St Yolanda

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I thought I'd better put this out for the newbies to internet dating. There are many ladies on dating sites that will be using Super Typhoon Yolanda as a reason to plead for money from you. I saw this happen once before when Illigan Mindanao was hit by a Typhoon.

Some demands for money may be authentic but many will not. You will never know unfortunately.

Surf wise and safely. Only give to a reputable charity like Bruce's Organisation or the Red Cross.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

A very timely warning.  Was just thinking about this today. The other side is that many of the woman people have been talking to may be too busy, or not available to chat to for some time.  Wow, that sounded callous, not my intention.

• Like 3

deevey
Posted
Posted

It won't just be the people online dating that the scammers will be after unfortunately. I have no doubt we will all be getting random text messages telling us that its their cousin/brother/sister etc from xyz city and could they please help and send load to their new number.

This scam will apply to Filipinos and ex-pats alike - got a ton of these after Ondoy.

• Like 3