Ormoc City Leyte After The Typhoon

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I just seen this video on youtube From Ormoc Leyte taken Nov 10 looks like they got hit worst then i had thought ! i knew it was bad from first hand accounts from my friend but this looks really bad , she still says no gov. help yet fresh water from a deep well is still available but long lines , still not much electricity , food is in short supply but still available for now ! if they could get the port cleared up then at least boats and ships could arrive from cebu city looks like a bomb went off there !!!

O-U-C

• Like 5

voodoo31
Posted
Posted

Most of the news reports I've seen have focused on Tacloban as I think that's the biggest city in that area but I'm sure there's much more devestation in the 100s of villages around the islands that people may not have even got to yet as too remote and difficult to access.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

All the news is focused on Tacloban.  I realize they were hit very hard but we can't even get news about our own island!  And I did not know Ormoc was hit that hard, but I think all of Leyte got it pretty bad.

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yes this is true tuka all of leyte was really hit hard !! as i said my friend said no government help yet ! allot of roads impassible coz of downed power lines , ormoc is a fairly large city i think 250 000 people not huge but a nice size , and she said every where she goes nothing but damage , they said 80 % of the structures are damaged in some way ! how is it around iloilo ? 

• Like 4