Finally! Courtesy Visa For Military Retirees

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just received a quick email and photographs from Don Gordon Bell that he has been issued the PRA SRRV courtesy visa for military retirees. Photographs show Don with Dr. Vernie Atienza, CEO & General Manager of the Philippine Retirement Authority and his documents.  

Don is suppose to write about the visa application experience. I also offered him a domain name previously registered, www.militaryretirees.com (under construction) to host information useful to future applicants. Of course, now that he has the visa, the interest may disappear.

Don is USMC Recon whose first visit to the Philippines was as a military adviser for the Francis Ford Coppola film, "Apocalypse Now." As a martial arts expert, he did bit parts in about 100 cheap production Kung Fu films throughout Asia. Usually, the role was "Bad American" with the Chinese or Filipino lead character being triumphant. Don still does bit parts for Indy films, but his main income source is a military disability pension.

post-1632-0-04702800-1384870681_thumb.jp 

post-1632-0-48924000-1384870735_thumb.jp

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

This will help a lot of retirees and is an excellent incentive for them to move to the Phil...

Great news!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

JJ, can you confirm yet whether this is just for US military retiree's? Or whether someone who served in the US military with honorable discharge but did not retire from the military can also apply if they are of retirement age?

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
JJ, can you confirm yet whether this is just for US military retiree's? Or whether someone who served in the US military with honorable discharge but did not retire from the military can also apply if they are of retirement age?

I won't be able to confirm at the present time since some of the rules may change before the end of the year. One recommendation is to include those who served honorably in the military services of other countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Don is only 61, so I am not sure what is the retirement age for Courtesy visa. Under the general PRA rules, I believe the minimum age is 35.

Don is involved in the filming of a movie about a Philippine Catholic saint. He has no access to the Internet if they are out in a remote location. 

• Like 1

AllenInWV
Posted
Posted

Wow, that would be pretty sweet! Granted, I'm a few more years from 20, but it'd be nice if they have something for military retirees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk