This Pisses Me Off

jon1
Posted
Posted

I have always thought that this would come about eventually.. The drug companies are about business and the bottom line. They are no different than the oil industry and banks in my viewpoint. All about cornering the markets and milking them dry for all it's worth until the next gold mine (that they are holding in escrow)....

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I saw this several months ago and the skeptic in me was doubtful.  $100 million for full testing is a drop in the bucket for someone like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet (or their foundation) or probably even the American Cancer Society.  

I just checked and in 2012 the ACS had 709 million in income and net assets of 752 million at the end of the year.  The Gates Foundation had 31 BILLION in assets at the end of 2012!  There are many other philanthropists like Gates and Buffet who would be happy to fund something like this if they thought it had merit.  They don't care about making money from it at this point in their lives.

There is something to it, but not as much as "Liveleaks" would like you to believe.  That video is from 2007.  Not exactly "Live".  I'm sure their advertising revenue is benefiting from the web traffic.

Here is what Snopes has:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/cancercure.asp

I believe big business has a lot to do with cancer, but from another angle.  All the crap that is in our food and water certainly is a big contributor to high cancer rates.  Clean that up and cancer rates go down.  

There is big money in treatments and research, so many companies would lose out if there was a miracle cure.   It would be wonderful if we could find a miracle cure for all cancers, but honestly that does not seem logical or likely to me. 

• Like 2