Hong Kong Calls For Philippines Travel Ban

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Today, November 8, 2013, Hong Kong lawmakers have voted to deny Filipinos' visa-free access to their country. Days prior, Hong Kong leader Leung Chun-ying warned that sanctions may be imposed on the Philippines "if Manila will not apologize and grant compensation for a hostage tragedy in 2010", according to Reuters.

Some sources are saying this has already been implemented some say not yet. I looked all around the HK Immigration site but couldn't find anything on this.

I wanted to take my wife's little brother to HK Disney in a couple of months and HK was going to be the place where we would do our BB runs.

They want an apology and this is how they handle it? :,( Babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

A link to the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs about this...

Link

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

And reparations. Never forget the money connections. The rescue attempt was horribly botched but I figure if you travel internationally you place yourself in the hands of other nations law enforcement for protection, or you go it alone. :tiphat:

• Like 2

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

A link to the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs about this...

Thanks for the link. Will monitor it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

According to my daughter inlaw, The Philippine government has offered £5000 pounds, Which Hongkong has refused, Saying they want more.

Because their lives are worth more because they have a greater salary and the cost of living is much more than a Filipino.