Currency Exchange Rates

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

This might be a good time period if you are considering converting money from foreign to local currency. The arrival of Overseas Foreign Workers (OFW) for the Christmas holidays starts around December 15th. A significant number bring cash to avoid paying bank fees and disclosing all kinds of information in the remittance application form, as required by the Philippine government. Most money changers in the Philippines don't bother giving their customers an application form.

The other issue is the Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas has an informal policy of keeping the float within a 40 to 45 range. The rationale is to protect the importers/exporters and the OFWs from wild currency fluctuations. The BSP will start their intervention whenever the exchange rate gets to either the 41 or 44 levels. We are rapidly approaching 44.

Since I will need local currency next year, in my opinion, this is a good time for me to exchange rather than waiting for January. Like everything else in life, I could be wrong. 

By the way, the RV I am purchasing is manufactured in Canada. USD to CAD is now 1.06. One penny is very significant for me because it could represent a substantial savings. 

Edited by JJReyes

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

By the way, the RV I am purchasing is manufactured in Canada. USD to CAD is now 1.06. One penny is very significant for me because it could represent a substantial savings.

How is your RV ?

post-1293-0-45153700-1416929884_thumb.jp

and what was your savings $$$ on the exchange rate?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

No currency savings. We tried purchasing from a Canadian dealer since the RV is manufactured in Canada. They wouldn't allow it claiming the vehicle specifications for USA models are different. My wife and I have been traveling for more than six months. So far, it's been a blast. Mileage is excellent at 18 miles per gallon for both city and open road driving. It's a MB Sprinter turbo diesel engine with 188 horsepower. I can easily attain speeds of 80 miles per hour in places like Utah with enough power leftover to overtake cars. Being retired, my preference is much slower to enjoy the countryside.

Our current location is San Diego visiting our son and his family. He has excellent HiFi at home. This has permitted me to be more active with the forum.

post-1632-0-90290300-1416933590_thumb.jp

• Like 3

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

See if you can custom order one of these.

post-635-0-54074500-1416934387_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking of selling my RV

post-3538-141693692396_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Currency Exchange Rates

I found the best in my area.  You want to know about it?  

PM is for all regular posters.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It was p45.05 at SM yesterday  :)     too bad I have no dollars in the country ha ha

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Yesterday it was 44.85 at LBC here in USA