Expats In Talisay City, Bacolod, Negros Occidental

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I read that Talisay City near Bacolod, Negros Occidental has become a popular residential destination for expats, especially Europeans. Any additional information from forum members who are living in Negros would be appreciated.

The plan is for the national government to designate several "Fourth Class Cities" for the development of international quality residential communities. They will restrict the development of polluting industries and improve existing infrastructure like roads, bridges, hospitals, etc. Talisay was selected as a pilot program because the current mayor is a surgeon by profession with a reputation for good governance.  

Kindly note there are several Talisay cities. There is one in Cebu and another one in Batangas. 

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Talisay is on the north side of Bacolod. I live south of Bacolod. The mayor is promoting businesses in a good way. There is a new Ayala Mall there and 2 subdivisions, one more developed than the other, Camela and Ayala. We looked at the undeveloped one that had 4 model homes, very small 38 and 50 sq m for 1.8M. Both subdivisions were far from shopping. The airport is about 20 minutes from Talisay and was supposed to be International with flights from Korea starting in December but I see no listings yet. I have read that the government is shifting some of the Fed business there to alleviate the congestion in Manila. There are other members living in Bacolod that will have more info.

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply on Talisay. Maybe I will wait for a few years until the mayor has at least one retirement community completed before visiting. I was told the area has nice beaches. I have started the search for reasonably priced tickets to the Philippines, which is an oxymoron.