Low Water Pressure

chimellie
Posted
Posted

We installed a heater in our shower, but due to low water pressure the heater doesn't work well and I have city water. The plumber recommends to install a water tank tower, I am not sure what the water pressure is there because I am still in the US, I would guess 20 PSI at the most because my sister-inlaw said the shower and kitchen sink running slow. Anyway, instead of installing a tower, why can't I buy a tank with bladder inside and hook it up to a pump and set the pressure at the pump to kick on when the water in low in the tank ? Do they sell something like that in Cebu ?Salamat

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I know they sell the tanks but not to sure about the bladder type tanks I had one in the US years ago and it worked great until the bladder ruptured after a couple of years ....... not sure it would help you as I think you would need a pump also ..... other wise it would only act as a small storage tank ....... bladder tanks are usually smaller than regular tanks ..... most of the pressure you get from your pump .....

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Marine supply will have what you want / need. Depending on your electrical situation, you can also move to a 12 vdc pump which will work when you have no electric and still work off a converter when you do. Think of your house as a boat and then you can do everything that will provide plenty of water.Also, those mount on the wall on demand water heaters have a small flow limiter installed. If you already have low pressure, then remove the limiter anf that will improve flow at that shower only. Water tank is also good and a black painted one will provide hot water most of the day. It all come down to how handy you are and how much you want to spend. A local plumber night not be the best option. However a retired ship's engineer may work out well if you can find one locally.

• 2 weeks later...
chelseajohn
Posted
Posted

yes the pressure tanks are available here and many of the houses have them because it is ok having a tower but you need the water pressure to fill it so a pump is still needed.My shower had no pressure so I got a shower with a small pump built into the shower unit it works fine and are easy to find here.try TRUE VALUE in Ayala or is it SM >> CEBU