Lessons In Love And What Is A True Scammer

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Lessons in love and what is a true scammerI am sure we all agree that a ladyboy posing as a woman would be a scammer, and a woman who is married and has no intention of a real relationship would definitely be a scammer.I would also say that a man who has no intentions of a real relationship with a Filipina whom he is communicating with or one who lies and plays the field without honesty, should be considered a scammer.but what else would qualify as a scammer?Would a lady who really wants a relationship with a foreigner and asks for money for some of her true needs and because she thinks all foreigners are rich be considered a scammer?How about a lady who does not ask for money and some fools send it to her anyway and then the relationship does not prosper? Would that qualify her as a scammer? I am wondering what others thoughts on this might be since I see so many posters on other forums thinking all Filipinas are scammers. Could it just be that these men do not know how to pick there women? Could it also be a case of a fool and his money are soon parted? I am happily married to a Filipina who never asked for a centavo from me before we were married and still has a hard time asking for money or buying things for herself, even when she has a wallet full of money that she earned or that I gave her, so I know all Filipinas are not scammers and I know dozens of other great marriages and relationships between Filipinas and western men, that the women are not scammers, so what makes the difference? Could it be that I and these men who have great marriages and relationships were just lucky? or maybe it is more about having street smarts and being able to see the good and grab hold of it? ???????What do you think????

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Lessons in love and what is a true scammerI am sure we all agree that a ladyboy posing as a woman would be a scammer, and a woman who is married and has no intention of a real relationship would definitely be a scammer.I would also say that a man who has no intentions of a real relationship with a Filipina whom he is communicating with or one who lies and plays the field without honesty, should be considered a scammer.but what else would qualify as a scammer?Would a lady who really wants a relationship with a foreigner and asks for money for some of her true needs and because she thinks all foreigners are rich be considered a scammer?How about a lady who does not ask for money and some fools send it to her anyway and then the relationship does not prosper? Would that qualify her as a scammer? I am wondering what others thoughts on this might be since I see so many posters on other forums thinking all Filipinas are scammers. Could it just be that these men do not know how to pick there women? Could it also be a case of a fool and his money are soon parted? I am happily married to a Filipina who never asked for a centavo from me before we were married and still has a hard time asking for money or buying things for herself, even when she has a wallet full of money that she earned or that I gave her, so I know all Filipinas are not scammers and I know dozens of other great marriages and relationships between Filipinas and western men, that the women are not scammers, so what makes the difference? Could it be that I and these men who have great marriages and relationships were just lucky? or maybe it is more about having street smarts and being able to see the good and grab hold of it? ???????What do you think????
The only one of your examples I consider a scammer is the ladyboy posing as a woman. In the other cases, that sort of thing goes on in relationships all the time. People lie about their intentions, their marital status, their economic situation, etc. When it happens with Filipinas on the Internet, people label them scammers. When it happens in person, it's just taking your lumps in a relationship. If people would use the same care and caution when dating online that they do when dating in person there wouldn't be all this talk about scammers because they wouldn't get taken.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Why would only the lady-boy be a scammer ...... he may feel he really is a lady inside ...... so if he should have to expose himself as "a man" ....... shouldn't the woman or man expose themselves as they "only want money from you"???? ...... There are numerous examples of scam ...... here are a few I found while doing a Google

What dictionaries say about scam:

1. A ploy by a shyster to raise money. 2., A fraudulent business scheme. To scam means to victimize: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change" 3. A confidence trick, confidence game, or con for short (also known as a scam) is an attempt to intentionally mislead a person or persons (known as the mark) usually with the goal of financial or other gain. The confidence trickster, con man, scam artist or con artist often works with an accomplice called the shill, who tries to encourage the mark by pretending to believe the trickster.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Why would only the lady-boy be a scammer ...... he may feel he really is a lady inside ...... so if he should have to expose himself as "a man" ....... shouldn't the woman or man expose themselves as they "only want money from you"???? ...... There are numerous examples of scam ...... here are a few I found while doing a Google

What dictionaries say about scam:

1. A ploy by a shyster to raise money.2., A fraudulent business scheme. To scam means to victimize: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change" 3. A confidence trick, confidence game, or con for short (also known as a scam) is an attempt to intentionally mislead a person or persons (known as the mark) usually with the goal of financial or other gain. The confidence trickster, con man, scam artist or con artist often works with an accomplice called the shill, who tries to encourage the mark by pretending to believe the trickster.

So wouldn't claiming to be a woman when your plumbing says you are a man be misleading. In answer to your second question yes they should but they won't because that would ruin the scam.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I didn't say he was not a scammer ... he would be ...... but so would the others .... that was my point .... why just single him out .... anyone out to defraud someone of anything could be considered a scammer ....... just because it maybe acceptable for some poor person to extort money from someone does not make it OK ....... and as far as not being scammed in person ...... I'm afraid it does happen much more than one would think ...... people just don't like to talk about it as they appear foolish ...... I can think of one example of a well know board member that this happened to rather recently and he even admitted it ....... it is also a fact that it is a lot harder to say no in person than over the phone or internet .......

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The only one of your examples I consider a scammer is the ladyboy posing as a woman. In the other cases, that sort of thing goes on in relationships all the time. People lie about their intentions, their marital status, their economic situation, etc. When it happens with Filipinas on the Internet, people label them scammers. When it happens in person, it's just taking your lumps in a relationship. If people would use the same care and caution when dating online that they do when dating in person there wouldn't be all this talk about scammers because they wouldn't get taken.
How about the married woman who just uses the Internet to get money from suckers?I think scammers are made and not born, so if a person is foolish enough to offer money or to send money when someone asks, those are the guys who perpetuate the problem. If there were no fools, there would be no scammers.Now I am not saying that people should not send money, I am saying that people should not send real money to strangers they do not even know except for some chat time. Sending money so that a poor person can communicate with them is reasonable in my view, but that is JMHO. Lets face it, we all spent money on dating and chatting is a form of dating, so why not pay for it.