Puerto Galera To Manila How Long Does The Trip Take?

voodoo31
Posted
Posted

I'm planning to take the Swagman ferry/bus service from Puerto Galera to Manila (Ermita).

It says it leaves at 8:30am from PG and 9am from Sabang wharf. Can some tell me how long the total trip is? If I leave at 9am approximately what time would arrive in Manila?

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Wow, it has been a few years, but as I recall, about an hour on the water, and then about 3 hours on the road?

So if you are leaving at 9am, you are likely to be in Manila just after 1pm or there abouts. The bus usually stops in at least one place for the passengers to buy some food and use the CR.

Lets see if these old grey brain cells are still working and others confirm my shaky memory.

Papa Carl

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Wow, it has been a few years, but as I recall, about an hour on the water, and then about 3 hours on the road?

So if you are leaving at 9am, you are likely to be in Manila just after 1pm or there abouts. The bus usually stops in at least one place for the passengers to buy some food and use the CR.

Lets see if these old grey brain cells are still working and others confirm my shaky memory.

Papa Carl

I did it back in the 90's and that sounds about right.  If you are going to catch a plane I would allow a lot of extra time.

• Like 1

voodoo31
Posted
Posted

Yes I have a domestic flight at 3:30PM so sounds like I should be OK.

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

depends on traffic of course but i was on the bus at 6:30 am in manila and was in sabang puerto galera around 12 noon , also depends on the wait time for the ferry , you may get lucky and one is about to depart as you arrive and they may rush you right on BONUS :)

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I suggest starting early. I took some ferries and busses as well as flights hopping from island to island and found slippage all along the way before Yolanda. I made sure I was in Manila a full day before my flight out, of course it was less than a week after Yolanda. I chose to fly from Dumaguete to Manila it took two days to get on a flight to Manila.

Not really a plug for Hotel Sogo because I have had mixed results with a decent room one stay and filthy room the next but when they say 24 hours room rental, they mean it, someplace else I might have had to pay to extend my stay, or more likely grab a cab and do a couple hours sightseeing. :tiphat: