Sour Cream In Davao

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

We found it once at SM Ecoland, but now it is no longer there.  Any known reliable sources anyone?

Markham
Posted
Posted

Nestle's Sour Cream is still occasionally stocked at SM Ecoland, usually buried amongst the yoghurts. S&R sometimes stock it too.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Sour cream? Next you will be looking for clotted cream and English High Tea sandwiches. Actually, there is an afternoon tea place in York that our granddaughter thinks is the best place in the world. She gets to wear a lovely hat and a party dress with petty coats that her grandmother purchased from Rustan's Makati. It's not the food. Few people really care for cucumber sandwiches. I think every little girl likes the idea of dressing up. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

We found it once at SM Ecoland, but now it is no longer there.  Any known reliable sources anyone?

I don't know what you mean by that, but if it made similar to how e g youghurt and kefir are made (=Good bacterias transform milk to the wanted product, which one depend of which bacteria is added.) then you can EASY make it yourself.

/Milk. Not sure if it functions with low fat milk.

/Add a bit of the wanted bacterias. If you find one of the wanted, you can use a bit of that "for ever". Or if you have problem finding it, ask a relative/friend in your home country to soak some into a bit of cotton cloth and dry it. (Immigrants to USA houndred years ago moved theirs like that.) Send it by mail to you. Add some water and the bacterias will function again.

/Keep the mix a bit extra warm for 12-24 hours. Then put it in refrigirator to stop the progress.   (A guy in Thailand make his just by puting it behind his water heater.)

(I will make my own Swedish type "fil" when I have moved.)

Markham
Posted
Posted

Sour cream? Next you will be looking for clotted cream and English High Tea sandwiches.

Unfortunately clotted cream, from Devon or Cornwall, is unlikely to be exported here as the import of dairy products is banned. But if you want the "English Tea Experience" then hop on a plane to Singapore and to the Raffles Hotel where it is available every afternoon. At a price. The tea leaves will have journeyed no more than the 200-300 miles from the estate on peninsular Malaysia's Cameron Highlands owned by the Boh Tea Company. Probably the best and most refreshing tea you'll ever taste.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
But if you want the "English Tea Experience" then hop on a plane to Singapore and to the Raffles Hotel where it is available every afternoon. At a price. The tea leaves will have journeyed no more than the 200-300 miles from the estate on peninsular Malaysia's Cameron Highlands owned by the Boh Tea Company. Probably the best and most refreshing tea you'll ever taste.

I used to drink tea with milk as a child. The switch started when I would accompany my father to the farm and he would prepare brewed coffee at 4:00 am. We would chat and drink coffee while waiting for the arrival of sunrise.

We have been invited for afternoon tea at Raffles Hotel. A little pretentious and expensive. I was informed that gentlemen are expected to wear jackets and the ladies dresses.  But.... But... We are Americans....

Our English friends from the University of Hawaii insisted on contributing scones and clotted cream to our Sunday picnics. For some reason, they thought it complemented the sushi, fried chicken, barbecue pork, Chinese noodles and white rice that are the more traditional items for a Hawaiian picnic.

Edited by JJReyes

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

Reading all this reminds me that Alice fell through a rabbit hole, and I think that's kinda what happened when I moved here.  LOL 1%20(103).gif laugh.png  :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1