Ecc- Need To Show Ticket?

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Hi, gang,

Do I need to show my rt tickets for the ECC? Would be nice to stay electronic, not find a shop to print them.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Do I need to show my rt tickets for the ECC? Would be nice to stay electronic, not find a shop to print them.

Surely, just print off your E.Ticket. This is acceptable as your, outward return Ticket. Paper Tickets for International flights are a thing of the past.

In 11 years of coming and Going, I have never had a problem.

:tiphat:

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Ah. Maybe I should rephrase. I want to avoid finding a place to print at all. Can I get the ECC at immigration office in Cebu without printing the ticket?

brock
Posted
Posted

Any internet cafe will print for maybe 5 peso, no big deal

jojones
Posted
Posted

I got my ECC in Makati recently. I took the tickets but wasn't asked for them. She just asked when am I leaving.

Waste of time getting an ECC imo, I had to go back after 3 hours to do the fingerprints, then 4 days later to collect it. If I ever need one again I'll just allow an extra 30 minutes at the airport and pay the higher fee there.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I got my ECC in Makati recently. I took the tickets but wasn't asked for them. She just asked when am I leaving.

Waste of time getting an ECC imo, I had to go back after 3 hours to do the fingerprints, then 4 days later to collect it. If I ever need one again I'll just allow an extra 30 minutes at the airport and pay the higher fee there.

Have you got the ECC at the airport before? Is it at a regular immigration window or at the BI office and how much is it extra? I got mine at Manduae before and it was quite fast like all in 90 minutes but still it is a trip to Cebu. If you lived there, then it is OK.

• 3 weeks later...
westhmess
Posted
Posted

Good morning.

I was just told about needing an exit ticket before they will allow me to enter phils. Same  person said there is a post about it , so, I'm here trying to find that post. Also, is there is a post with all the abbrevations in it? I'm not familiar with the. So, with that said, what is Ecc?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

brock
Posted
Posted

When you buy your plane ticket you will need a return or onward ticket 

ECC you only need if you are leaving the Philippines after 6 months stay

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good morning.

I was just told about needing an exit ticket before they will allow me to enter phils. Same  person said there is a post about it , so, I'm here trying to find that post. Also, is there is a post with all the abbrevations in it? I'm not familiar with the. So, with that said, what is Ecc?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

We have all been in the same spot as you and I remember asking what ECC was too!  The search function works well too.

ECC = Exit Clearance Certificate and you only need one if you stay in Phils for 6 months.

If you are arriving on a tourist visa, you have 30 days to stay, unless you extend your tourist visa.  Your airline, and PH customs, needs proof that you will be leaving within 30 days, so that is where the exit ticket comes in.  If you have a round trip ticket with return within 30 days, you do not need anything else.

Your exit date / ticket is most often checked by your airline in your departing country, and they may not let you board if you can't prove you will leave PH within 30 days.

If you have a one way ticket then you need another ticket to show you will be exiting within 30 days.  If you don't plan on using it, we call it a "throw away".

Many members have had exit tickets dated more than 30 days after arrival, and just say they will extend, and that is accepted.  However, I would not make any big plans, especially leaving the US, without a good exit ticket.  I was asked for mine from Delta and I am sure they would not have let me board without it.

E.g., a typical scenario for staying on a tourist visa for more than 30 days might be:

1.  Buy one way ticket to Philippines.

2.  Buy cheapest throw away ticket to be found, departing within 30 days of arrival in PH.  Any international destination from any Philippine city works.  I bought one recently from Cebu to Malaysia for on 580 pesos.

3.  Extend your tourist visa after arrival.  First extension will make it 59 days total.  30 or 60 day extensions after that, up to 16 months total.

Hope this helps!

Don

Edited by OnMyWay

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If you download a copy of your exit eticket to your ipad or tablet that may be acceptable.  Can't think of why not.  It works with the actual ticket.  Unfortunately I have never tried that method for the onward ticket, only for the ticket I am actually using (it works)