Bus Services To Avoid In Ncr/most Deadly

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

after reading the most tragic accident,

I have found an article that lists the MOST DEADLIEST/dangerous bus lines in manila/NCR

for the members of this forum who visit/live or travel into metro manila

I post this as you can be aware of the unsafe or most "deadliest" transport(bus lines)

this is the list for 2013

when you look at 2013 and 2011. see any familiar names?

The bus firm similarly topped LTFRB's list of "ten deadliest bus firms" that have incurred most damage to property, as follows:

Don Mariano Transit Corp.

Nova Auto Transport

Gasat Express

Mayami Transport

Pascual Liner

Rainbow Express Inc.
Roval Transport

A&D Liner

Jell Transport

CEM Transit Sevices

Admiral Transport and NOVA Auto Transport,

meanwhile, are the two companies most involved in road mishaps resulting in deaths, LTFRB said.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/12/16/1268755/franchise-skyway-tragedy-had-past-accidents

here is an article of who was the "deadliest"bus lines in 2011

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/63357/ltfrb-ranks-%E2%80%98most-dangerous%E2%80%99-bus-companies

Lists of the 10 most dangerous bus operators in Metro Manila:

Based on the number of deaths (passengers and bus personnel)

1. Admiral Transport
2. Nova Auto Transport
3. JAM Liner
4. Gassat Express
5. Joyselle Express
6. Philippine Corinthian Liner
7. Rainbow Express Inc.
8. Alberto Garating
9. Alps the Bus
10. EM Transit Service

Based on the number of injured (passengers and bus personnel)

1. Admiral Transport
2. Nova Auto Transport
3. AM Liner
4. Gassat Express
5. Joyselle Express
6. Miami Transport
7. Pascual Liner
8. Philippine Corinthian Liner
9. Rainbow Express Inc.
10. CEM Transit Service

Based on damage to property

1. Don Mariano Transit
2. Nova Auto Transport
3. Gassat Express
4. Miami Transport
5. Pascual Liner
6. Rainbow Express Inc.
7. Ropal Transport
8. A&B Liner
9. GELL Transport
10. CEM Transit Service

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it also has to do with the routes of each company? If one company mainly services mountain areas then perhaps its rate will be higher or if one company services high speed highways then its rate also could be higher.

But then again one time when I looked at a bus departing beside me in Cebu with canvas tyres; then I think someones head should roll to allow this means of transport on the road. Most likely the bus I was sitting in was in the same condition. Another reason why I got a taxi from north Cebu back to the city and will never travel on a bus again. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Most bus drivers and conductors are independent contractors, not company employees. It's the same with taxis. They pay a "boundary" or fix amount and keep anything extra. Some of the accidents are a result of the highly competitive nature of the business. Another cause is poor maintenance of the vehicles.

Before boarding a bus at a terminal, check the tires for wear. Look the driver in the eyes because some take uppers to keep awake. I don't know about bus drivers, but according to taxi drivers whom I engage in conversation, a typical boundary is 24 hours. Some share the driving with another person, others keep driving solo for the 24 hours period.

Are city buses safer than provincial buses? It is relative, but the short answer is, "Yes." Supposedly when city buses become dilapidated, the owners have to replace them. They are not discarded or sent to a junk yard. The buses are sold to rural operators where the regulatory requirements are less strict.

• Like 1