Us State Dep. Step Program

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Any US Expats using this service? Seems reasonable to me.

This is a word copy of the web site for those with very slow internet. Just know the link is better.

Home  |   Create Account  |   Add Trip  |   Email Subscriptions  |   Contact Us  |   Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens/nationals who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country.

STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip abroad so that the Department of State can better assist you in an emergency.

STEP also allows Americans residing abroad to get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

More Information/FAQ
downArrow.png
What Can You Do With STEP?
  • Enter information on your trip or overseas residence
  • Subscribe to receive updates on Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts and other information for a particular country
If you have an account, please login here:   User ID Forgot User ID?   Password Forgot Password?      
If not, click here to create an account Smart Traveler Enrollment Program and Privacy
The U.S. Department of State is committed to ensuring that any personal information received by our overseas embassies and consulates pursuant to the STEP process, whether in person or otherwise, is safeguarded against unauthorized disclosure. The data that you provided the U.S. Department of State is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act (5 USC 552a). This means that the U.S. Department of State will not disclose the information you provide us in your STEP application to any third parties unless you have given us written authorization to do so, or unless the disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.

For additional information, please click here.
downArrow.png
OMB Approval Number: 1405-0152, Expiration Date: 4/30/2016, Estimated Burden: 20 minutes Form Number: DS-4024e Date: 1/2010

https://step.state.gov/step/

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I signed up years ago. Still get emails from them. James does a better job posting the messages here than I do getting them in my in box.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah I use it.  Mostly just get fear mongering emails from the embassy ha ha.  But I did an email after Yolanda asking if I was still here, and if I was ok or needed anything.  So it probably is a good thing. 

At first I was not going to sign up because it was just "big brother" watching me.  But with my passport and immigration visits - they know where I am if they want to anyway...

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

I signed up too. Like Tuka said, it will help if I am in a disaster area or should there ever be an emergency evacuation of the country. 

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just registered, thanks.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yeah I use it.  Mostly just get fear mongering emails from the embassy ha ha.  But I did an email after Yolanda asking if I was still here, and if I was ok or needed anything.  So it probably is a good thing. 

At first I was not going to sign up because it was just "big brother" watching me.  But with my passport and immigration visits - they know where I am if they want to anyway...

Hummmmm ...... I guess I'm not on their Christmas list .... have never gotten anything from them in 4 years .... but at least they haven't asked for donations ... YET ..... :santa dance: .....

:cheersty:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's OK Mike. The NSA has you on a list I am very sure. :attention:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It's OK Mike. The NSA has you on a list I am very sure. :attention:

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :71161: ... me too