New, Redesigned, Improved (?) Bi Website

MikeB
Posted
Posted

A whole new look but seems to be a work in progress because some of the links don't work. If you're waiting for your name to appear on the the lists of approved visa applications for work, 13a, etc it's under Information>Announcements>Agenda Verification <date>. They hid it pretty well, took me quite a while to find it. No idea why they're calling it "Agenda Verification". They even have the new dress codes under Latest News>Top Stories but the picture is too small to read, at least for me.

http://immigration.gov.ph/

• Like 2

paulus
Posted
Posted

Where is the list of Visa Extension fees, Bureau satellite offices for a start?. I struggle at times to understand Pilipino thinking, but this is an official gov't (revenue raising) dept. As some-one said on this forum once, you have to think backwards to understand. It's like the certain barangay on a certain island, where the worthy barangay captain said :'we need new water system'. So they turned off the old system, dismantled it, and started to build the new system. Now the new system refuses to operate correctly, by allowing the water to flow, so we are searching for remnants of the old system.

Now I know I am biased coz I come from Australia where everything we do is logically and carefully planned, and I love the pilipinos I live with, and respect very much their resourcefulness and ability to fix things quickly, but this is ridiculous, and severely straining my sense of humour.. And to increase my doubts on this matter, already the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation, decided to replace the Alien Control Officer and bring him to Manila. So they did. And I had to travel some inconvenient distance to extend my Visa. It took a couple of weeks to get new ACO installed in a new office. But wait, the new office now needs refurbishment so she is extending my Visa from a private residence nearby.  

So really, in actuality, truthfully, when can we expect the info in the old website to be revealed clearly and  unambiguously for all to see on the new site?  Already it resembles the new water system on the island. For me it is getting urgent coz already my Alien Control Officer is telling this alien that I must fly out of this country in a couple of months and only out of Manila. So you see, I am going to need clear unbiased concise information to respectfully discuss this matter with her. But its more fun in Philippines.

Disclaimer: Peed off I am coz the reverend father in the church, not a mile away, is fathfully playing xmas carols on his very-loud-speaker in the bell tower at 4:00am (yes in the morning). Worse than that, word is out that it annoys this kano so he plays them louder each day, and worse than that they are a bloody awful recording of karaoke taken at some drunken xmas show in year gone past. Bah Humbug. Call me scrooge.   

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
is fathfully playing xmas carols on his very-loud-speaker in the bell tower at 4:00am (yes in the morning).

It is the same in Santa Fe Bantayan Islands or it was as Yolanda may have silenced the horrible electronic chimes of the bell.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Where is the list of Visa Extension fees, Bureau satellite offices for a start?

Tourist Visa Fees - http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/component/content/article/19-immigration-fees/137-visa-extension

Satellite Offices (under Contact Us) - http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/contact-us

You have to use the Search option. I also found the Series 13 Visa fees. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I find the home page loads very slow and I have a fast connection here so not sure how those in the Phils get on with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Hover over the dress codes picture.  R\click and save picture.  Then view the picture.  It seems they have relaxed the rules

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Hover over the dress codes picture.  R\click and save picture.  Then view the picture.

Yes, that does work. Thanks.  

post-575-0-77063300-1388786846_thumb.png