Buying Your Necessary Medicines Here In The Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Buying your necessary medicines here in the PhilippinesIf you are one of those people who have enough education to self medicate or just want to refill your prescriptions while here, most pharmacies here require a local prescription for most drugs but I have found a few that will give my wife my normal medications without a prescription if I have her write down the name on a piece of paper and hand it to them. The best thing is to just have a Filipina ask for you. I recently had a friend here from Manila and he called his doctor in Manila and he told him over the phone what he needed for the congestion problem he was having. My wife was able to get the antibiotics and prednisone/cortisone type of medicine from one place we always do business with, so it can be done, just try different pharmacies.Narcotics will require a prescription from what I have been told, but I never tried to buy any, so I really do not know this for sure.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great topic Lee.I showed a Pharmacist my empty prescription bottle from the US and was able to get a non-narcotic drug no problem. During my visits I have found that being polite and respectful can make things happen too.