Shipping Stuff That Won't Fit In A Balikbayan Box

alsuave
Posted
Posted

I have a home gym set up in the US that I put a lot of time and effort into building. I'm really missing it right now. Especially since I can't get some of the equipment locally (at least not the same quality). I'm wondering if there's a cost effective way to bring all that over here. All the shipping options I've seen so far cost more than the equipment does.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

What size?

See this topic for more information;

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/7026-shipping-flat-screen-tv-to-philippines-via-balikbayan-box/?hl=%2Bshipping+%2Bflat+%2Bscreen

Use search function, a number of members have shipped oversize items via box.

Edited by Old55

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Perhaps do as Bruce did, when he un-welded a motorbike into peaces to fit into BB box, and then weld it back again in Phils  :)

• 1 year later...
Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

I went to Guam in Jan and saw a 60" tv I wanted but wasn't sure what it would cost to ship here. I saw one in a mall in Laoag and it cost over $5,000 ! That's was over $2,000 more than the one I wanted . I was only there for 2 days but I may go back and get it .

robert k
Posted
Posted

I went to Guam in Jan and saw a 60" tv I wanted but wasn't sure what it would cost to ship here. I saw one in a mall in Laoag and it cost over $5,000 ! That's was over $2,000 more than the one I wanted . I was only there for 2 days but I may go back and get it .

Check the import duty, the duty may be equal to the price making the TV  $6,000 in the Philippines, plus shipping of course. $5k may be a bargain!

• Like 1