Visa Options

Savsko
Posted
Posted

Hi all, and a Happy New Year. I'm finally here, just on my tourist visa which I've extended once so far. I have some decisions to make regarding my long term residence here. At the moment I'm still single, my partner of seven years is from Davao and will need six months residency in Cebu before we can marry here. Is there an intermediate alternative to the two monthly visa extension round-a-bout? The 13(a) option only becomes pertinent later and sounds like a nightmare of red tape. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Welcome

I spit your post into a new topic.

Why do you have to have 6 months residency to marry? 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all, and a Happy New Year. I'm finally here, just on my tourist visa which I've extended once so far.

I have some decisions to make regarding my long term residence here

. At the moment I'm still single, my partner of seven years is from Davao

and will need six months residency in Cebu before we can marry here. Is there an intermediate alternative to the two monthly visa extension round-a-bout? The 13(a) option only becomes pertinent later and sounds like a nightmare of red tape.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

here is previous topic that could assist and 2 BI links

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/14266-bureau-of-immigration-boi-tourist-extension-fees/

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/immigrant-visa

Will need six months residency in Cebu...

, here is the sebu city website maybe you have inaccurate info

or maybe you met that you wanted 6months in country before you married

http://www.cebucity.gov.ph/avail-apply-inquire/civil-documents?start=3

HOW TO APPLY FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE

Description: This service caters to filing for marriage license as a pre requisite for marriage, judicial decrees and legal instruments updating records on file and keep and preserve them per Administrative Order 1, s. 1993 of Act 3753.

1.png  Client/s: Both or Any of the couple must be a resident of Cebu City

2.png  Contact Person/s: Atty. Evangeline T. Abatayo, Civil Registrar

Louella N. Dejito, Registration Officer

(032) 232-6664

3.png  Location: Office of the City Civil Registrar (OCCR), Cebu City

4.png  Availability: Monday-Friday / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

5.png  Duration of the Service: 11 days & 45 minutes

6.png  Requirement/s:

a) At least (2) valid ID of applying couple upon their personal appearance (strictly required);

b) Valid ID of parents upon personal appearance (strictly required) and fill-up of Parental Consent (For 18-21 years old) or Parental Advice (for 22-25 years old) duly verified and taken oath to in front of the Civil Registrar (5-20 mins.) which must be signed if identity is affirmed.

c) Accomplished Parental Consent or Parental Advise (for those couples who are required)

d) Birth Certificate (NEW) – 1 original & 2 photocopies;

e) Certificate of Attendance to Pre-Marriage Seminar by CHD- 1 original & 2 photocopies;

f) Cedula (Residence Certificate) with signature – 1 orig. & 2 photocopies;

g) Barangay Certificate – 1 original & 2 photocopies

h) CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage, issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO))- 1 orig. & 2 photocopies;

Additional Documents for FOREIGN APPLICANTS:

1. PASSPORT I.D. – 2 photocopies (present the original for counterchecking)

2. Stamped or Printed DATE OF ARRIVAL (Latest) on the passport – 2 photocopies

3. Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry issued by the foreigner’s diplomatic official in the Philippines – 1 original & 2 photocopies;

4. (FOR DIVORCED APPLICANTS) – Divorce Decree (translated if in non-English content);

5. If foreigner is a widow/widower, same requirements above apply;

6. If applicant is naturalized citizen, Naturalization Papers – 2 photocopies (present original for counterchecking)

6.png  Fee/s:

For Filipino Applicant:

Seminar Fee ................... P 100.00

Marriage Application ....... P 100.00

Marriage License Fee ..... P 50.00

For Foreign Applicant:

Legal Capacity Registration … P 1,000.00

Seminar Fee ................... P 100.00

Marriage Application ....... P 100.00

Marriage License Fee ..... P 50.00

7.png  Procedure in Availing the Service:

Follow these steps... Wait while Person-in-charge... Approach... It will take... 1. Proceed to City Health or HRDO to get the schedule for Pre-Marriage Seminar Informs client of the schedule of the Pre- Marriage Seminar. CHD Personnel 3 min.

2. Pay at Window 3. Issues Official Receipt (OR). CTO personnel 10 min.

3. Attend Pre-Marriage Seminar on scheduled date by CHD & DSWS. Bring O.R. (please see Orientation-Marriage counseling service.) Facilitates Pre–Marriage Seminar. CHD Personnel 1 day

4. Get Application Form for Marriage License (Form 90) during seminar. Gives you Form 90. Manuelito Fajardo,

(2nd Floor, Marriage Section) 5 min.

5. Get Certificate of Attendance after seminar. Gives you Certificate of Attendance of the Pre–Marriage Seminar. CHD Personnel 7 min.

6. Fill-up information on Application for Marriage License, attach supporting documents and submit to Marriage Section. Receives and assesses form and attached documents. Arlene Basalo 10 min.

7. Submit filled out form and documents.

8. Get claim slip with schedule for return. Issues Claim Slip. 5 min.

9. Wait for Posting Period to transpire 9.1. Post names.

9.2. Issues Marriage License. 10 days

10. Get Marriage License and copies of application from Marriage section Releases Marriage License. Rosienisa Agot 5 min.

This information appeared first on the 2009 Version of the Cebu City Citizen's Guidebook published by the Cebu City Government through the efforts of the Mayor's Management Team.

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1