Visa Options - Phils Into Aust

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Gidday all,

Have had my girl here in Aust for the first time after I have visited Phils three times in the last two years and we are having as good a time as can be.

She is now currently half way through her 3 month tourist visa and it is time we contemplate what the next step is. For you that have done this before in Aust, what was your experience and what do you suggest?

For now I am leaning toward applying for a 6 month Tourist Visa so we can continue our relationship here in AU. 

Is there less of a chance of being granted a 6 or 12 month tourist visa compared to a 3 month one?

Further options for what I can see are applying for a DeFacto Visa or a Spousal Visa.

An influencing factor to help my decision that you might ask:-

Is marriage an option I'm considering - Yes it is!

Any Aussies with any experience with the above I look forward to hearing from you. 

The only person/mate I can gauge off is a friend who continually gets his Thai girlfriend over every few months for three month stays, but I couldn't be bothered applying for a visa so often and can't really afford air fares that often also :)

Thanks in advance

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is only an opinion.

I would say since she has already come to Aus and will returned on time then it probably won't be hard getting a longer visa next time.

Immigration use a list of statistics of overstaying or non return to determin many decisions. Im surprised the rate in this chart ( link below) is not that high for the Philippines compared to some other countries.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/quarterly-report-june-2013.htm

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

I like your opinion Jollygoodfellow ..... I was thinking long the same lines also, just hope I'm right :)