Acr (Tourist) Expires 19 Days Before Leaving Philippines

Greenphilway
Posted
Posted

Hello,

On February 22 my ACR expires.

I am leaving the Philippines on March 16 2014.

Do I have to apply and pay for a new ACR?

I remember that the processing time took rather long for this ACR card.

Somebody experience with this matter?

Thanks ahead for the effort of replying  :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking that you won't be able to leave the country without it as it serves as a...................

Emigration Clearance Certificate ( ECC ) / Special Return Certificate ( SCR ) / Re-entry Permit (RP)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You need a 'clear copy' of your ACR card to get an ECC.  They don't care if it has expired so long as it is a 'clear copy'  such was the advice give to me by BI Mandaue 4 months ago.  Such was my experience on getting the ECC with an ACR card that had been expired for 10 months.  That experience was 3 months ago.

Greenphilway
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info Gentleman...

I understand that the BI in Dumaguete is not longer providing an Emigration Clearance Certificate ( ECC ),

What I understand is that you only can get it now in Manila or Cebu.

On February 19 I will go with my gf to the Cebu BI to get my ECC.

I forgot to tell that we are taking a holiday  in Thailand and arrive in The Philippines on April 13 2014.

• 2 weeks later...
Greenphilway
Posted
Posted

Today I was for my 2 month extension at the BOI.

They told me that an ECC is valid for 1 month.

They told me also that since the beginning of this year tourist

can stay in the country for 36 month now on visa waivers instead the 24 month before.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
They told me also that since the beginning of this year tourist can stay in the country for 36 month now on visa waivers instead the 24 month before.

Did they mention if you still have to get approval from Manila for every extension after 16 months?

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On February 22 my ACR expires. I am leaving the Philippines on March 16 2014. Do I have to apply and pay for a new ACR? I remember that the processing time took rather long for this ACR card.

Did you have to apply for a new ACR?

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

When you renew your visa they should ding you for the acr tourist card at least they did me

I have never got a new card just the first one but they never forget to charge me and write on my passport acr charged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
When you renew your visa they should ding you for the acr tourist card at least they did me

There ya go.  I have let mine expire 3 times and never renewed it before leaving the country.  In Tacloban BI a couple years back they were bugging me to renew it but I kept saying:  No money today, I'll renew that next time.  In Mandaue BI they never even asked me to renew.  Once again, your mileage WILL vary here when it has anything to do with immigration.

• Like 1

Greenphilway
Posted
Posted

They told me also that since the beginning of this year tourist can stay in the country for 36 month now on visa waivers instead the 24 month before.

Did they mention if you still have to get approval from Manila for every extension after 16 months?

No, I did not ask that, a kind of stupid of me with the wisdom afterwards :1 (103):