Renewing My Driver's License

jon1
Posted
Posted

I paid similar costs at the LTO in Olongapo last year. The same in Mindanao the time before that. Both places only took me about 20 minutes to flow thru the same process without an issue. I find that doing business around 1-3pm seems to be faster. I think the locals are taking siestas then.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

How many years is a drivers licence valid there (I mean if not needed to change because of changed adress)?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

How many years is a drivers licence valid there (I mean if not needed to change because of changed adress)?

Expires the 3rd year on your birthday.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Expires the 3rd year on your birthday.

Oh that short!  In Sweden it's 10 years. Perhaps Phils officials don't want to get fees that seldom...   :)

• 3 weeks later...
MikeB
Posted
Posted

Update:

From the article I can't understand who wanted and who didn't want the drug test (sounds like neither) but it is officially terminated.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/02/05/no-more-drug-tests-says-lto-7-326747?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SunStarCebu+%28Sun.Star+-+Cebu%29

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Update:

From the article I can't understand who wanted and who didn't want the drug test (sounds like neither) but it is officially terminated.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/02/05/no-more-drug-tests-says-lto-7-326747?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SunStarCebu+%28Sun.Star+-+Cebu%29

Journalism here is often confusing. I will read an article 2 or 3 times and still don't know if the good guy shot the bad guy or was it vice versa. The news, Patrol, is part English so I watch but then they change the language leaving me hanging as to what happened. If I can find the same article in 2 or 3 papers, then I get it.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Update:

Guess region 7 is gonna join the rest of the Philippines ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty: