Annual Report Update Article

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is a 9 day old article on the annual report.

Of note for those of us on tourist visas, a confirmation:

Aliens who hold tourist visas are excluded, he said.

Also of note:

However, foreigners under 14 years of age and senior citizens are exempted from making personal visit to the BI and may just send a representative to do the chore for them.

I added here:

Foreigners wishing to file their annual report should not clog up the Olongapo City BI office.  If there is a queue, always allow foreigners with tourist visas to move to the front of the queue. 

:hystery:

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/2-100-report-legalize-stay-195833798.html

Manila, Philippines - Hundreds of foreign nationals have started queuing up daily at the national and field offices of the Bureau of Immigration to report and legalize their continued stay in the country.

They have until February 29 to renew their alien Certificate of Registration in person.

BI Commissioner Siefred Mison said that as of yesterday a total of 2,100 have visited the BI offices nationwide.

The immigration chief said the new requirement was imposed to strictly enforce immigration rules and regulations on national security, public safety and order as prescribed by the Alien Registration Act.

Aliens who hold tourist visas are excluded, he said.

According to Mison, the annual reporting of foreigners enables the agency to know who are still residing in the country , or those who had left.

Mison said foreign nationals are requested to bring with them their electronic ACR and fill up an application form.

The application form can be downloaded from the bureau’s website (www.immigration.gov.ph ) or personally get a copy from any of the BI offices nationwide. The application fee is P310.

Travel agencies and other entities transacting with the BI are not allowed from accomplishing the application form or paying the corresponding application fees on behalf of their clients.

However, foreigners under 14 years of age and senior citizens are exempted from making personal visit to the BI and may just send a representative to do the chore for them.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Oh! That would be very good. Where did you get that information?

What's their definition of "senior"?   I know Filipin retirement pay starts flexible at 60 - 65 years of age. And can a "senior", who has reached minimum age to be exempted, still be working and still be exempted from having to travel?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
BI Commissioner Siefred Mison said that as of yesterday a total of 2,100 have visited the BI offices nationwide.

That number seems very low to me. Makes me wonder how many overstays with no visa live in the Philippines.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Oh! That would be very good. Where did you get that information?

What's their definition of "senior"?   I know Filipin retirement pay starts flexible at 60 - 65 years of age. And can a "senior", who has reached minimum age to be exempted, still be working and still be exempted from having to travel?

It has always been that way in years past and I just sent my asawa ...... HOWEVER ..... this year they ask for thumb prints and that you have your signature and report form notarized (supposedly in the presents of a BI official .... according to the form) ..... but now we hear that you have to find your own notary ..... so they continue to contradict themselves ..... hummmmm .... do I just send my thumbs with my asawa to the BI ....  :hystery:  :hystery: ..... or maybe just have the form thumb printed and notarized by any notary and have her take the form to the BI ..... decisions .... decisions ...... still gonna wait another week and see what else changes .... :hystery:  :hystery: 

:cheersty:  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Where did you get that information?

It is in the article.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
However, foreigners under 14 years of age and senior citizens are exempted from making personal visit to the BI

Of course.  If you are a citizen then you have no need to go to immigration at all.

cit·i·zen
ˈsitizən,-sən/
noun

1. 1.
    a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Where did you get that information?

It is in the article.

However, foreigners under 14 years of age and senior citizens are exempted from making personal visit to the BI

Of course.  If you are a citizen then you have no need to go to immigration at all.

cit·i·zen
ˈsitizən,-sən/
noun

1. 1.
    a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

Journalists write so much wrong, so what such write I only use as hints of what can be worth checking more proper.

If an official websites/leaflets tell wrong, then it's at least something to refer to in contacts with officials  :)