Living Happy

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Having just come back of holiday , we went to Dubai to see the family has  my wife had not seen them face to face for 6 years, a great time we had too,

Why i am asking this is because when we was there the news was on everyday about the phils and the corruption that happens what seems to be all the time,

Does this effect any of you who lives there, your day to day life, am i worrying to much about it,

Idont want to be a target to some smiling captain who wants that extra gift or some other official who thinks they can come and take what is not theres, , does this happen , can you live there below there radar ,

Am i reading and looking into this to much too

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Corruption in the Philippines CAN affect any one of us significantly but corruption in the Philippines does not significantly affect most of us.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

thanks all so fare for the advice,

That is my plan to slow down and blend in , no business plans at all, just sit and watch the world go buy for the coming months first

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I think for someone to be able to live Happy, they have to first know what makes them happy and be happy with themselves. I have seen too many unhappy expats that can’t or won’t adjust to their surroundings.

You have to be flexible, set your expectations lower, sloooowwww down and enjoy living here for what it is. I am not saying that you should sacrifice your standards 100% but that is a very unrealistic goal to think that you could live the same as your home country (conveniences wise, products wise).

just my $.02 ..

Make that a buck fifty!  Excellent head shot bulls eye Jon......thank you!

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

thanks all so fare for the advice,

That is my plan to slow down and blend in , no business plans at all, just sit and watch the world go buy for the coming months first

That's my plan for life :D

• Like 1