Top 10 Restaurants In Cebu... Anybody Try Any Of These?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Now this is a show I can really get to like...

And if you're not in Cebu?  Check out their other shows!  

:mocking:  :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Truly enjoyed this.  Although some might want to stay away from the big cities like Manila and Cebu, like my wife and I, restaurant choices become slimmer.  I would be very pleasantly surprised if they have a segment on restaurants in Marinduque.

But that's what visiting Manila is for - seeing friends and family and trying the offerings of Pasay, Makati, The Fort and Eastwood!

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Pretty good recap of places to eat I have been to most 

Larision was ok its more the atmosphere at night

Vienna never been

Pino was very good but pretty pricey  If only all local food was this good

Bellini is a bar with great drinks bring lots of cash but next door at Anzi is one of the best places to eat period, great food, great service, great views and a price point worth the trip.

Abesria never been

Guisippi  Really really good, really expensive I seem to remember 6000p for dinner for 2 but worth it 

Ayhers was really good pork belly done right still not as good as the average lechon in Carcar, boneless lechon rocks

Zubachon Good lechon Carcar still beats it hands down  

Olio Could not get in the night I went  But have heard excellent reviews  Top dollar place

Stk  never heard of it but will go 

Places  recommend by me 

On mango ave in front of J ave is a new stand selling Gyros awesome food great prices big servings

Our place bar cheap eats good food  the chicken chester is great 200p (around)

The Blue bar top floor marco polo  great view outside dining really enjoy it there

R&R calindaria some of the best local food at a cheap price 

MO2 decent food great nightlife

I know a ton more places but cant remember the names there is some very good food in Cebu now finding it is half the fun

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was at several places in Park Mall. All had great food and prices were good. I've never seen a similar variety of restaurants in one place anywhere else.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Ayala mall has a bunch of good restos

Tgif and the thai place is pretty good

Also a place called the sissing rice yummy

There must be 10 decent places there in the terraces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Casa Verde in Ayala!

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

My Choices 

ABACA

The award-winning Abacá Restaurant provides a full service California-Mediterranean inspired restaurant and bar with a menu developed by our executive chefs and featuring the cuisine of Australian Chef, Wade Watson. Using the finest local and imported ingredients, Abacá’s menu includes wood fired oven roasted meats and seafood, homemade pizzas and pastas, freshly baked breads, tapas and a wide array of salads and appetizers.

The Abacá bar features a carefully selected list of both old and new world wines cellared in their climate controlled wine room. A complete cocktail menu including a wide range of tequilas and single malts is available as well as many healthy tropical fruit juices.

Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm.

(Reservations are highly recommended)

Punta Engano Road Lapu-Lapu City 6015, Philippines +63-32-495-3461 abaca@theabacagroup.com

A CAFÉ

Affectionately referred to as Abacá’s little sister, A Café which opened in early 2011, is a relaxed dining space located in the center of metropolitan Cebu City. While A Café shares some similarities with its more well-known big sister, it has a unique identity of its own. It is a more laidback venue, ideal for small business lunches or brunch with friends with a menu that is as no fuss as the space itself.

A Café serves breakfast all-day to cater to breakfast lovers who may want some buttermilk pancakes or eggs Benedict for lunch and dinner. There are lighter options such as fresh salads, soups, and sandwiches as well as hearty dishes like A Café’s skillets and Angus Burger. The cafe also features a full range of main courses making it the perfect intimate upscale dining venue in the city.

Hours: Daily 7am to 10pm

Crossroads, Banilad Cebu City 6000, Philippines +63-32-505-5692

acafe@theabacagroup.com http://twitter.com/acafecebu

MAYA MEXICAN

Maya was created to be a casual restaurant and tequila lounge: laid back and subtle, with efficient service and reasonably priced. The sophisticated yet casual allure of Maya seamlessly blends old world charm with modern elegance. Succulent aromas from the kitchen mix tradition and ingenuity while setting the stage for your dining pleasure. Maya also has the largest selection of 100% pure agave tequilas in the country, which in addition to our premium house pours are sure to charm.

Maya is committed to the timeless tradition of Mexican food. By embracing both Mexican tradition and local sensibility, we offer a creatively classic cuisine that unites well-known Mexican street food from the stalls of Mexico City and family dishes from the coast of the Mayan Riviera and the inventiveness of the Hispanic American communities of California and the American Southwest.

Hours: Daily 5pm till late

Crossroads, Banilad Cebu City 6000, Philippines +63.32.238.9552 maya@theabacagroup.com http://twitter.com/mayacebu

TAVOLATA

In the vein of a traditional Italian Trattoria – a casual, local gathering place for food, friends and wine – our menu reflects the purity of tradition by relying on the classical & effortless approach. The simple purity of our inspiration comes from the superior ingredients and technique of the Trattoria.

Everything on the menu at Tavolata is handcrafted, using only the finest local and imported ingredients. Our pasta is made fresh daily from 100% semolina from Italy using our bronze die extruder. Unlike the store bought pasta most restaurants use, you will find the delightful chewiness of freshly extruded pasta a wonderful experience. From the fermentation of the dough to the homemade toppings, you'll certainly agree that our hand-tossed pizzas are irresistible.

The joy of eating, both simply and well, while among good company is the aspiration of Tavolata. It is with this simple thought that we invite you to sit, dine an enjoy life with those you love at our Tavolata!

Hours: Lunch 11:30am - 2:30pm & Dinner 5pm - 10pm.

Dinner Reservations are recommended.

Design Center of Cebu | AS Fortuna at P. Remedio St. +63-32-505-6211 tavolata@theabacagroup.com http://twitter.com/tavolatacebu

BEQAA LEBANESE

Beqaa is a Lebanese kitchen where contemporary Middle Eastern cooking meets traditional flavors. The menu at Beqaa features a wide array of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian mezze, a full selection of kebabs and main dishes.

As you look into the open kitchen you'll see charcoal fired meats and handmade Phoenician breads cooked over a traditional saj. Falling in line with the group's general look, Beqaa features hardwood floors, dim lighting and wrought iron features. Beqaa serves a full beverage menu with many old and new world wines. Beqaa is located at the 2nd floor of the design center cebu just next door to Tavolata.

Opening: December 3, 2013

Hours: 5:30PM Onward

Design Center of Cebu | AS Fortuna at P. Remedio St. +63.32.238.5539 beqaa@theabacagroup.com http://twitter.com/beqaacebu

Restaurant: OLIO, Crossroads Banilad

City: Cebu

Complete Address: Unit T Crossroad Mall, Banilad, Cebu, Philippines

Contact Info: Tel no.:(63-32) 238 2931 

Olio is one of the few restaurants in Cebu that serves delicious, beautifully presented food in a semi Fine dining style. It has a modern intimate feel to it. Late night shows in Cable television nowadays make you crave good beautiful food. Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef, Iron Chef, Top Chef, Marcel's Quantum Kitchen, DC Cupcakes... the list goes on. So if you happen to be in Cebu and is looking for food that looks, sounds and probably tastes like the ones your favorite Food shows serve, Olio is one of the places in Cebu you can go to.

Restaurant: Cafe Marco, Marco Polo Plaza

City: Cebu

Complete Address: Cebu Veterans Drive, Nivel Hills, Apas. Cebu City Phils. 

Contact Info: Tel no.:(63-32) 253 1111

Website: http://www.marcopolohotels.com/en/hotels/philippines/cebu/marco_polo_plaza/restaurants_and_bars/cafe_marco.html

Marco Polo Plaza Hotel once called Cebu Plaza is a very famous hotel at Cebu. Situated on top of a hill and very visible especially from your plane seat, this hotel has one of the best international buffets in town. They serve it at their very own Cafe Marco. They have a very good station which serves good Dim sum / Wok Food or Chinese Food. At this station you can also find, Peking Ducks or the native Lechon Cebu is made famous for. Another station has breads, a bit of Japanese thus sushi, salamis, cheeses and cold appetizers. A grilling station and Tempura station you can also find at one corner and of course my favorite the Pastry Section which has its famous Crepe Station.

Antica Osteria -Wines & Deli shop!

Antica Osteria  located @ STC Building, #1 Paseo Satrunino, Ma. Luisa Road, Banilad Cebu City has finally opened to cater the retail market, it is the sole distributor of  the products imported directly from Italy and France by IL DUCATO TRADING, INC. in Banilad, Mandaue City. 

It has been my dream to open a shop, where when you get in, you can feel the ambiance like in Italy, but when Il Ducato started to import other products beyond Italian, we have decided to have the theme of the shop, be European, a mix of Italy, France and even a hint of English or British style.... I would have to say that we were never wrong about it, because when people come in, some will say, it seems that they are inside an italian deli shop "trattoria", "osteria" or in a bar...some say, its got a European feel when they get in...so with this mix of hints and style, we can attract people of different descent...and that was satisfying!

THE LAST ONE IS MY REGULAR HAUNT, LOVE IT, GREAT FOOD, GREAT PLACE, GREAT PRICE!!! = FANTASTIC IMO!

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

a couple others to try

TEX REX on AS fortuna for ribs, brisket,chicken , burgers . The ribs are falling off the bone,brisket moist tender..overall good Texas BBQ. The cost for 2 for lunch was 680p , with a full rack of ribs ,fries , BBQ beans , and a side of chili , two large drinks

Oriental Spice Gourmet  Basak lapu lapu , on the second floor of the build just past JolliBee if heading from the old bridge

Malaysian , Thai .... The food was GREAT and they will customize the spice level for you ,everything cooked fresh and to order ...VERY HIGHLY recommended , friendly owner and cook that take pride in serving great food..all dishes are 150p and a good portion...lunch for two with two entrees and drinks 400p !!! Open Monday to Friday from 10am until 8pm  032 238 4544/032 406 0814 tell them Scott from Alaska sent you as they do no advertising  , word of mouth only , but they have been there 4 years already...FANTASTIC !!

• Like 1