Courtesy Visa For All Military Retirees

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Dr. Vernie Atienza, General Manager and CEO of the Philippine Retirement Authority confirmed during our meeting that the Courtesy Visa is open to all military retirees. Canadians, Australians, British, etc. are welcomed to apply. The requirements include a $1,500 application fee and $1,500 bank deposit. Annual renewal fee is $10. 

My original travel plans included visits to Baguio, Subic, Cebu and Davao. This would provide an opportunity to meet some members of this forum. Unfortunately or rather fortunately, my wife and I have had to change plans. There is a prospective buyer for our family farm. Our entire one month visit is being spent negotiating the agreement and meeting with lawyers who are drafting the required paperwork. 

I promised my wife another month long visit to the Philippines later after the farm sale has been completed.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very good news indeed JJ, throws a whole new light on the other topic I started here :D  I now maybe able to have my cake and eat it too :cheers:.  The 20kUSD I did have set aside for visa issues can now be left in reserve... After this all filters through to the relevant authorities of course :hystery:

As always, thanks for the updates and your efforts on behalf of the expat community with the PI authorities are always greatly appreciated. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

You are welcome. We are also lobbying to extend the Courtesy Visa to retirees with advance degrees (Masters & PhD) so that their knowledge can be tapped. They could for example volunteer to teach one class or mentor undergraduate students at a nearby college or university. 

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You are welcome. We are also lobbying to extend the Courtesy Visa to retirees with advance degrees (Masters & PhD) so that their knowledge can be tapped. They could for example volunteer to teach one class or mentor undergraduate students at a nearby college or university. 

Perhaps worth adding too us, who didn't bother to get exams, aiming at starting own business, so we didn't need any exam documents to prove our knowledge and get the boss jobs  :)     

The Philippines have a lot of entrepreneaurs, but a big part of them earn very bad or even lose money by they don't have even basic business knowledge, so they make a lot of unnecesary misstakes...