Interesting Release On The Bi Facebook The Other Day

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

PRESS RELEASE
28 January 2014

Seven “fixers” barred entering BI offices

Seven alleged “fixers” were banned from entering the premises of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) after they were caught in possession of several visas and immigration documents of their supposed foreigner clients.

Barred from transacting in all BI satellite offices and provincial sub-offices are Corazon Maghakot Almidez, Elizabeth Reodica, Mary Jane Adducul, Leila Unggang Cataluna, Wilfredo Melencio, Sherwin Bantayan and Andyson Torreon.

BI Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison said the suspects are back in their nefarious activities to make money from unsuspecting foreigner nationals.

Members of the BI civil security unit said Almindez was caught in possession of three Japanese passports of her “nephews” purportedly to acquire the payment for visa extension while Reodica was intercepted with three US passports supposedly to process for 9G visa conversion.

Mison said any individual with no BI accreditation are barred from entering or transacting business in any BI offices nationwide.

On the other hand, Adducul was accosted recently by confidential agent Yasser Boloto for possession of two Korean passports. Cataluna was in possession of two Saudi Arabian passports when arrested.

Meanwhile, Melencio was arrested while holding two Japanese passports owned by a certain “Ryuji” and “Kaycee” for visa extension without any power of attorney. He admitted that he been transacting for several occasions without accreditation.

Bantayan was accosted for possession of two Taiwanese passports owned by certain “Lai” for application of visa extension and one application of certain “Hsu” without valid authority. It was his third time to transact without permit.

Lastly, Torreon was arrested on November last year for possession of two Japanese passports with the intention to process the visa extension of the foreigners without special power of attorney.

-arkb-

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

PRESS RELEASE

28 January 2014

Seven “fixers” barred entering BI offices

Seven alleged “fixers” were banned from entering the premises of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) after they were caught in possession of several visas and immigration documents of their supposed foreigner clients.

Barred from transacting in all BI satellite offices and provincial sub-offices are

Corazon Maghakot Almidez, Elizabeth Reodica, Mary Jane Adducul,

Leila Unggang Cataluna, Wilfredo Melencio,

Sherwin Bantayan and Andyson Torreon.

BI Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison said the suspects are back in their nefarious activities to make money from unsuspecting foreigner nationals.

Members of the BI civil security unit said Almindez was caught in possession of three Japanese passports of her “nephews” purportedly to acquire the payment for visa extension while Reodica was intercepted with three US passports supposedly to process for 9G visa conversion.

Mison said any individual with no BI accreditation are barred from entering or transacting business in any BI offices nationwide.

On the other hand, Adducul was accosted recently by confidential agent Yasser Boloto for possession of two Korean passports. Cataluna was in possession of two Saudi Arabian passports when arrested.

Meanwhile, Melencio was arrested while holding two Japanese passports owned by a certain “Ryuji” and “Kaycee” for visa extension without any power of attorney. He admitted that he been transacting for several occasions without accreditation.

Bantayan was accosted for possession of two Taiwanese passports owned by certain “Lai” for application of visa extension and one application of certain “Hsu” without valid authority. It was his third time to transact without permit.

Lastly, Torreon was arrested on November last year for possession of two Japanese passports with the intention to process the visa extension of the foreigners without special power of attorney.

-arkb-

here is another post that has some info like this

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/18331-recent-news-articles-from-bi/

http://www.tribune.net.ph/metro-section/seven-fixers-nabbed-inside-immigration-bureau-offices

story from link not posted as its very similar word for word

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

So do they just go in with 3 passports and do them all at once?  Even one at a time you think the workers would recognize them ha ha  It would seem to be easy to enforce, since passports have pictures in them... Mine has a bad pic but I sure don't look Filipino, so only another fat white guy could try to process mine.  Glad we have no lines in Iloilo.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So do they just go in with 3 passports and do them all at once?  Even one at a time you think the workers would recognize them ha ha  It would seem to be easy to enforce, since passports have pictures in them... Mine has a bad pic but I sure don't look Filipino, so only another fat white guy could try to process mine.  Glad we have no lines in Iloilo.

That's not the problem, these people doing these visa extensions and things are not BI accredited. Travel agents for example have to be accredited and can legally process visas for foreigners except in some circumstances. 

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

That's not the problem, these people doing these visa extensions and things are not BI accredited. Travel agents for example have to be accredited and can legally process visas for foreigners except in some circumstances. 

Good to know.