Travel To The Bi In Iloilo

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can't find a BI subject so I hope this is the right place to put this info ..... and i started a new thread cause the other one is so long .....

Went to Iloilo yesterday to register for the annual report .... going we took the Weesam fast ferry which was OK but pretty old and kinda dingy ..... as we rode first class the windows were all fogged up so could take any pictures (much prefer the roro as you can go up on deck and walk around and take pictures but ship is slower) trip was uneventful until we got off and were mobbed by trouts trying to sell taxi seats .... one guy wanted p100 just to get us a taxi .... anyway coming back we took the Super Cat fast craft ..... we had to because Weesam .... whom we had a round trip ticket for decided to cancel the ferry we wanted and it was a 3 hour wait till the next one .... we got a refund and took the Super Cat .... again first class .... although it was much cleaner and roomer the seating is Filipino size with no reclining seats or headrests as in the Weesam Express but was a bit faster so you have a trade off .... if the Super Cat had Weesam's seats it would be a no brainer .....  :hystery: :hystery:

OK now to the BI .... it is in the Customs building and VERY old .... it is on the second floor and none of the bathrooms down stairs were working on our visit .... in the BI office it is a wide open room with aircon one large table and comfortable chairs .... the staff is VERY friendly and helpful even during such a difficult time were pleasant to everyone .....

The biggest problem I saw was the fact that they had no barrier or security guard between them and the public and people just walked in and started asking them questions while they were trying to help other people .... you take a number from the desk and wait your turn ..... guys were coming in with no idea that the BI had made changes this year and completely lost as to what to do (guess they don't have a great board like this one to gather info from .... :thumbsup:)  ..... I didn't see anyone get really upset more bewildered than anything .... when we got there we were #8 in line so we didn't have a long wait .... no problem with the form and they had glue for the picture and you can get your thumb print there as well as pay p100 for the notary .... they also have a copy machine there I guess for extra copies .... but you do need to bring your own pictures ....

BUT and here is the BUT (for me anyways) ..... last year when we moved here in Negros I had a change of address submitted to the BI here .... apparently they never bothered to send it on to Manila ....... or whatever .... so there was no record of my change of address in the BI computer nor did my address on my ACR I card match my present address even though when I filled out the new form I put the address of the ACR I card on the new annual report form ..... thank god I had the receipt from the BI in Negros showing I HAD paid and had the address changed so no further fines were leaved against me .... BUT .... I had to come back here to Negros and get a new Brgy clearance .... makes bunches of copies (3 each) of all my paperwork ..... Brgy clearance ..... paspport first and last plus the day I arrived ..... all the receipts and info from the BI here and a lawyers affidavit assuring that my address and Brgy clearance were correct (I guess that's because we left the BI and would have to come back another day)

Now here is an interesting note .... as I don't carry my original ACR I card (carry a laminated copy) it is very neat and clean and when I got the card back part of the lamination in the official card was peeled back .... I asked they guy why and he said to see if it was authentic .... :mocking: :mocking:  .....

Anyway my thoughts on the Iloilo BI is that they are VERY accommodating and knowledgeable .... while working under a most strenuous situation .... my hat goes off to those men and woman ....  :tiphat:

So now it is back to Iloilo for my change of address but thank god the annual registration is completed ..... my advise to anyone who hasn't done their annual registration is ....... DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE .... or you may be sorry there are lots of folks still out there that don't know about the BI changes this year and it may take you a while to get your paperwork completed ..... JMHO

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Myrlita & I will be going to Iloilo This Thur AM for the dreaded report. Just reserved the tickets on Supercat P1410 RT for us both. Fun Fun Fun! The good part is it is my 1st trip there.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I live in Iloilo so it is the only office I have used.  I went last week for my 2 month extension and there were no seats available.  I have never seen more than 4 people in there at once - we usually don't take numbers.  Luckily they had a set of numbers for extensions and a set for annual reports. 

Within 5 minutes of walking in I had dropped off my form, passport, and money.  Was told to come back in 2 hours to pick it up. 

This office is always very friendly and helpful.  I have never had a problem with them.

But I do wish I had looked at my ACR card earlier.  He checked to make sure it was still valid, and when I looked at later I see that it expires in 3 weeks... so I have to go back and renew it.  I would rather have just done it at the same time ha ha Oh well... another trip into the city...    :tiphat:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

As I stated above a return trip was required to update the address on my ACR I card and no amount of reasoning could change that ..... now I know that some have said they didn't have to update theirs and when I updated mine in Cebu 3 years ago I didn't go through the card change either .... but here or maybe under the new director it is required ..... I have in closed a copy of the requirements for change of address and yes they do take your card and send it to Manila ..... cost is p900 for new card and of course the p500 express lane .... and get this you have to go back to Iloilo to pick it up in about a month ..... my card expires next year in March but I can't renew it now because "it hasn't expired yet sir" ..... and also remember they will charge you p200 for every month you have not changed your address ......

Oh well it is still better than appearing all the time for the tourist visa ..... and after next year it will be good for another 5 years unless the new guy changes that also ..... right now all bets are off as to what will happen next year or even tomorrow for that matter. ..... :hystery: :hystery:

Sorry for some reason I can't upload the requirements for change of address on your PR ACR I card .... maybe it will work later says something about scripting on page ....

OK lets try this again .......     post-11-0-08003300-1391999197_thumb.jpg ....... OK got it to work

Edited by Mike S