Subdivision Recommendations (Sta Rosa Area)

intrepid
Posted
Posted

We have decided Sta Rosa Laguna will be the place we want to build a home and retire.  Several reasons for this but a different topic.  We have some friends and family near Sta Rosa but I would like to hear from forum members their recommendations as to which subdivisions you would recommend and which you would stay away from and also just as important, why?I have been through the area several times over the past eight years and will be there again this April and will be looking at some more of the subdivisions with the of finding the one where we will buy a lot and settle in the near future.

thnaks

• Like 1

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

Hi, we are from Sta Rosa near Georgia or Sta elena City. It would depend on your budget the ones near the town proper like Garden Villas, celina are affordable mostly ranging from 1m to less. Townhomes not that secured and gets flooded during heavy rains. The area going to Tagaytay side are more Villages. There is laguna bel air 1,3,4 we have one in bel air 1 and 3, small houses with 3 rooms ranging from 4 m to 2m. Americab style house no tricycles allowed and security is a bit ok. Then there is La Redidencia selling lots only and u build walking distance to Nuvali security very very strict. Then Georgia, augusta, belle Reve those are strict sscurity they do not allow trikes as well. Many universities, and malls around here value goes up fast so with the taxes lol. Then outside that Dta Elena City is Valenza right infront of Nuvali Mall. These Billages are developed by Brittany. Thia is mid-high end residential. There is also Ayala westgrove high end village but the lot price is almost just the same now as the one is La Redidencia and Georgia. And it gets traffic there bec the road connects with the factories and schools. There are Don Jose, sta Ros village but quite noisybecause houses are near wach other. I forgot about Sta Rosa Estate which also charge. Fortune bec developed by Ayala but the Village is nearby the road front and back and side are nAtional road. I prefer Sta elena City price is just right for lots and for houses depending on size range from 20m -10m. Or if u are not in a hurry build your own that way tou can get what you like.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

like the above poster BILLYGOAT stated is best i can offer too,

you really need to come here and spend time on the ground, DONT listen to the sales agents.

listen to what you feel

and speak w/other expats you may see here, get their "feel" of things,

I am on the eastern side of sta rosa near City hall, some areas around me do flood when its a heavy storm .

Of what i recall the western side doesnt , yet you still must use the SLEX to get to manila and that can flood,

.. as for me, I rather RENT than BUY.. why?? 

you can always choose your friends BUT not your neighbors

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for your help and suggestions.  As I said before we have been there several times and will be there again this April.  I just want to narrow our search and weed out the bad places as to not waste any time.  Although we liked and considered Villa Caceres, I just don't want to deal with flooding.  But I did really like the location and the dual acess of the subdivision.  I don't like tight squeeze house but dont like very high end either.

Pittman:  We have used Sales agents to show us some locations and I put very little trust in them.  My brother-in-law is a good guy and live there a long time with many connections and is a good fielder for us and I do have faith in him.  But I still prefer the recommendations of the expats who have first hand knoweldge!  Also, although we plan to buy the land soon, we will rent for at least two years before building.  Remembering, all things can change!

thanks again

billygoat993
Posted
Posted (edited)

Villa Caceres issue with flooding have never been solved for a long period of time and the traffic too. The govt's attempt in widening the road is no help. Good thing we do not have to use that road anymore in going to our business. There are new Villages in Nuvali area not sure of the price though.

@ Pittman your neighbor still haven't change lol... If your daughter's school is just near there was a house in Laguna Bel Air 2 for rent by a friend for less than 7 k. 3 rooms but only one washroom. You should move out there given you are only with your kids... Do you still go by my shop? Tgey fix the road again lol...

Edited by billygoat993

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
If your daughter's school is just near there was a house in Laguna Bel Air 2 for rent by a friend for less than 7 k. 3 rooms but only one washroom.

You should move out there given you are only with your kids... Do you still go by my shop? Tgey fix the road again lol...

cant move til march or april when school is out, .would need to look at the place, Thou a change would be GREAT. :cheersty:

only drawback is the distance to Canossa,,,

Shop? no not been by in over 9months, had thought you was gone, which reminds me, I need to come by there,

• 2 years later...
ManilaBae
Posted
Posted

We have decided Sta Rosa Laguna will be the place we want to build a home and retire.  Several reasons for this but a different topic.  We have some friends and family near Sta Rosa but I would like to hear from forum members their recommendations as to which subdivisions you would recommend and which you would stay away from and also just as important, why?I have been through the area several times over the past eight years and will be there again this April and will be looking at some more of the subdivisions with the of finding the one where we will buy a lot and settle in the near future.

thnaks

For me Ayala Westgrove for several reasons:

-Exclusivity and quietness

-Proximity to quality schools (St Scholastica's is just outside the gate)

-Western standards

-Elevated with great vistas

-Cool climate

Drawback is the price as it is one of the most exclusive subdivisions to live in Mamplasa/Sta Rosa.

• Like 1