Puerta Princessa/el Nido Hotels

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

arriving in puerta princessa monday and havn't booked a hotel yet. will stay 1 nite , then off to el nido for 2 nites then back to pp for 1 nite , then back to cebu.  any suggestions for decent hotels under 2000 per nite much appreciated.  thx

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I stayed last Nov at Cecilia's Inn in Puerto Princessa. It is a new small hotel, rooms were ok, service was very good. 1600/night which included breakfast.

Cecilia's Inn

PEO Road, Bancao-Bancao

Puerto Princesa City Proper/Palawan/Philippines

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Swedish TV "Survivor" was recorded in small islands partt of El Nido. I suppouse you can get cheap lodging there  :)

voodoo31
Posted
Posted

gmb8585 I am also heading to El Nido I'll be there on Monday Feb 17 and stay 2 or 3 nights. Let me know if you'd like to meet up while there. I'll also don't have a hotel yet. Jeff  (0998 274 5827)

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

This was a great place to stay
http://www.palawandg.clara.net/El-Nido.html

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies and sorry Jeff, i would have liked to have met up you but didn't bring a computer so just looked at your reply.  In Puerta Princessa i stayed at Casitas D Az pension house.  900 per night, nice place with clean room, ac, hot water, and flat screen tv. The bed was a little hard because of thin mattress. Breakfast included, 1 egg, rice, chorizo sausage. They have restaurant with no stock so best to eat elsewhere. Also shuttle to and from airport. They booked me a room in an affiliate hotel, The Barton?  which was 2000 per night. Took van to el nido, 6 hours and arrived to find that my reservation was not held, so pissed off I went to the apil suites hotels for a suite room 4200night. Real nice room with balcony ocean view etc, included buffet breakfast, but 4200 breaks the bank. did the usual tourist stuff fpr 2 days then fly back to cebu.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Took van to el nido, 6 hours and arrived to find that my reservation was not held

I've read a few stories of this happening at El Nido, wonder if it's typical? Once you're there w/o a reservation you're at their mercy. Best to confirm prior.