Cold News To You Living Where It's Hot; Remarkable Podium

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Perhaps you haven't noticed you, who live down there, it's Winter Olympic Games in Russia.

Yesterday it became a Remarkable podium in Men's 15 km ski free style. Not because it was 2 Swedes on the podium  :mocking:   (same thing happened a few days ago too) but because of they, who had the BADEST preparations, ended up in top!!!  (Much stamina is needed is such sport and stamina i a "fresh product".)

1. Dario Cologna, Schweiz. Foot surgery rather recently!

2. Johan Ohlson, Sweden. He have had both rib injury and lemonia!  1.5 month ago he even thought of give up and quit his career for ever...

3. Daniel Richardsson, Sweden. Even more remarkable than the two above. Last summer a car killed his friend and injuried him seriously, when they got hit when they changed tire at their own car. Knee surgery. His ACL wrapper is now missing, so his knee is unstable, which is extra important when it's free, not classic style. In difference from Ohlson, he all the time thought positive he WILL be back...   

• Like 1

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Great story. Should make you proud. Tonight USA & Russia go at it in hockey. Should make for an exciting game. USA! USA! USA! Sorry, can't help myself. Love the Olympics.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Saw the filipino skater the other day,  very impressed, skated well and the Philippines is not the only one person team there either.  I read at the learned skating at the mall, surreal.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Great story. Should make you proud. Tonight USA & Russia go at it in hockey. Should make for an exciting game. USA! USA! USA! Sorry, can't help myself. Love the Olympics.

One of my favorite matches is when an American COLLEGE team did beat Sovjet in World Championships in icehockey back when Sovjet wonn "all" such normaly, because of the American spirit "moved mountains" then.

I suppouse I will get problem to get access to the broadcasted sports I want after I have settled rural in Phils :boohoo:    because probably not fast enough Internet available there and few shown at satelite of what I want to look at. (Need normaly at least 2.5 Mbit down to look at without to much disturbance.)

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is also news of a Filipino Canadian (last name is Junio) who gave his spot to a fellow skater who ran the race and got the silver!  For his selflessness, some Canadians want him to be the flag bearer for Canada at the close of the winter Olympics.  This young Filipino-Canadian thinks that wouldn't be right, since there are so many great Canadian athletes, and was supposed to have remarked that if they give it to him, he might pass it back to his fellow skater again.

Edited by MacBubba
  • Like 2