5 Year Filipino Visa

jpbago
Posted
Posted

On February 3, 2014. Canada started issuing 5 year multiple entry visas for up to 6 months per year to Filipinos going to Canada.

And the fee went down from $150 to $100. Gotta luv it!

It goes from the date that you apply for the visa to the expire date of their passport. Some countries get it for 10 years.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-02-03.asp

I am sure that the Philippines will do the same for us foreigners as they say that they align their rules with that of other countries. It just takes time. We went to a concert last night where some of the songs were "Tiny Bubbles" and "Pebbles on the Beach" from the 60's. The crowd of all ages loved it. Karaoke is still going strong here. It just takes time.

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Good for you!  Yep, "It just takes time".  Similarly, I can hear a Henry Mancini album playing at a house somewhere down the street about 2-3 mornings every single week, I recognize it because it was one of my grandmother's favorite LPs.  That's OK... 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Henry Mancini was great! He did music for many movies and the theme for the Pink Panther cartoon among other things :)

I plan to just tale the Philippines as they are, any changes for the better will just be pleasant occurances. My fiance needs a passport also. I mentioned to her to start getting ready for it about 1 year in advance of when I think we will need it.

Carabao
Posted
Posted
And the fee went down from $150 to $100

This is good news but to justify why it went down, here's probably one of the reason!

2 weeks ago I went with my GF for her Oath taking Canadian Citizenship.

Guys, I was freaking out!

When we arrived there, they gave her and all those receiving their Citizenship a small Canadian Flag and a small Pin ( see picture )!

2m6of1l.jpg

Made in China!

Can't believe it! Really nice image! :hystery:

I'm still shocked about it because I know companies inside Canada that they do these flags and pins and proudly written on it, Made in Canada!

I'm a Canadian but on this side, I feel so ashamed!

And if I'm right, to support the Canadian economy, if the Government need to buy something, he's supposed to buy a local product if available!

Anyways, good news the price went down and let see, maybe if the Government decide to buy these gifts from Cambodia, India etc. it will go down again!

• 2 weeks later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

It is true. My Filipina common law wife got her visa (TRV) to Canada today. It is good for the next 3 years, multiple entry, up to 6 months each year (until one month before her passport expires in 3 years.) If I am reading it properly, we can go to the USA also.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was hoping that maybe the bag was made in China and the pin was made in Canada? Probably not.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I was hoping that maybe the bag was made in China and the pin was made in Canada? Probably not.

After many years of China maintaining a devalued yuan, low wages, and under selling different items, we have no choice but to buy from the only supplier. It is like that with shoes and electronics too. Very few brands, if any, are made in USA or Canada. The Walmart affect... keep the prices low until the competition is gone, then raise the prices. Basic economics. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

When Walton was alive, the Walmart slogan was we buy American so you can too. He died and the kids run it now. Jpbago, Wallmart itself now uses the same tactics as the Chinese, move into an area with prices nobody can beat, wait for the competition to wither and then raise the prices. Walmart is the death of mom and pop stores. I try to do as little business as I can with Walmart but sometimes they are just too convenient, when you need something at midnight, or you buy something that will not last and you need to be able to return it, three states away from where you bought it.

• Like 1