Inexpensive Building Plans

Dennis Burke
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone...

I would lie to build a small inexpensive concrete block house in santa cruz, laguna.

Does anyone know where i can get plans and building advice?

Thanks

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

My family living south of Cedu City asked at the permitting office and interviewed someone who drew up plans and came onto the building site when needed. The cost was fair and met all inspections and permits.

I suggest you ask there first.

Good luck with your home Dennis, please let us know how it goes.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

My family living south of Cedu City asked at the permitting office and interviewed someone who drew up plans and came onto the building site when needed. The cost was fair and met all inspections and permits.

I suggest you ask there first.

Good luck with your home Dennis, please let us know how it goes.

Yes, biger chance the plans are approved without problem, if let the permitting office decide who to let make the plans  :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Good Question Dennis. Here is what we did.

1. Got the exact demensions  of our lot.

2. Logged into a free online program that allowed us to design the house the way we wanted to (actually pretty detailed)

3. Showed those plans to our architect. (second cousin to the wife) who drew up blue prints almost exactly to our design.

4. Brother-in-Law and architect shlepted around getting the needed permits.

5. Architect put us in contact with his recommended construction foreman; who gave us an estimated list of total basic construction materials.

6. I personally took that list around to several building supply places and got bids. Chose the supplier.

7. Picked a start date, and bought two white chickens.

8. Sacrificed the chickens (I kid u not :1 (103): ) and broke ground.

9. For specialized material (doors, tile, plumbing and light fixtures etc.) we went to WILCON which is basically the Philippine version of Home Depot.

In effect we acted as our own contractor, purchased the materiel when the foreman said he needed it, acted as payroll department, and with my brother-in-law took care of the paperwork.

You can hire a general contractor, but they are notorious for quoting a price then running out of money before the project is done.

All in all we spent approx. 5 million pesos for a very comfortable 3 bedroom, dining, living room, kitchen, dirty kitchen, 2 baths, family room and nice yard.

Good Luck

• Like 1

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

I can recommend the one who built my asbuikt plans we live in Sta Rosa Laguna. The Atchitect and Engineers that made it for us are working for Eton City. You have to know the easements and requirements of your Village or where you want to build. We have a shop before there at Sta Cruz market but the area is always flooding when it rains. I can give you a contact number of one person that do not charge skin tax at the City hall or my wife's good friend who works for the governor they can help you process it. I suggest know what you want for your house like how many rooms, size etc and budget be since bill of materials is a requirement in applying building permit. We just finished building our house. And i suggest to elevate your house conmon problem there at Sta Cruz is flooding.