I Hate This !%#@$&* Google Earth

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Is anyone experiencing a problem with the Google Earth update .... I deliberate turn all updates off in programs and tell them to notify me when an update is available ..... but some how this one sneaked by and now it keeps telling me it can't connect to my Internet .....  it worked a week ago with no problems but I noticed the version number is now changed .....

I've shut down my fire wall and all my anti-virus programs but it still tells me it can't connect with this message .....

post-11-0-27283600-1393239253_thumb.jpg

Now it goes on to say that i need to trouble shoot it with their website but I have to use internet explorer in order to do it .... ( just hate it when a program tells me I have to use a certain other program to open their stuff .... that's why we have choices) anyway I'm not the only one having this problem and those that followed Google's recommendations said it didn't work anyway .... even if they show that 1 or 2 of the items show up as not working there is no explanation on what to do about it .....

The best part is that when someone from Google does try to answer some questions they soon get very flustered when told their so called solutions don't work that they soon disappear and quit posting ....  :hystery: 

Anyhow I have deleted and installed various versions of Google Earth from all the way back to 2009 to the present and always the same thing .... read tons of stuff off Google and here is another kicker where as you used to be able to choose if you wanted to do a manual or auto update you now have no choice as Google like Microsoft and most of the anti-virus programs think we are all idiots and not capable of making our own decisions .... so the program auto updates and i'm back to the same old new version which seems to be causing all the trouble .... 

Anyone have any suggestions ..... and no I won't do that as it is sore enough already after spending 3 days trying to sort this chit out ..... :tiphat: :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well... not what I was expecting.  I thought it was going to about how they ruined GoogleMaps by trying to merge GoogleEarth into it.  Now it runs like crap.  I hope I don't have to switch to Bing  {shudders}

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I have been experiencing the same thing with google earth. However I also have google earth pro and it seams to not have any issues.

I got my pro version from a torrent site if that's any help. I'm too cheap to buy any programs.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Nothing wrong with Bing Maps or Nokia Here.  And unlike Google you can get directions when not connected to a network.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Now it really gets interesting ..... fired up my laptop running virtually the same as my desktop ... same OS .... same version of GE and exact same internet connection and it works just fine ....   at one point one of the GE wonder boys told some one to disconnect his wireless router and hook it directly .... after spending the entire morning trying to run down the error messages I'm no closer than I was 2 days ago ....  :1 (103):.... :3_8_14[1]: .... :SugarwareZ-034: 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Now it really gets interesting ..... fired up my laptop running virtually the same as my desktop ... same OS .... same version of GE and exact same internet connection and it works just fine ....   at one point one of the GE wonder boys told some one to disconnect his wireless router and hook it directly .... after spending the entire morning trying to run down the error messages I'm no closer than I was 2 days ago ....  :1 (103):.... :3_8_14[1]: .... :SugarwareZ-034:

Go to the National Bookstore and get a road map. Sometimes we have to go back to nature.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Go to the National Bookstore and get a road map. Sometimes we have to go back to nature.

At the National Book Store's I have visited I have never seen any good road maps.

Anyone know where these can be found? Google maps was ok but nothing beats a good paper road map that doesn't have low batt or other issues.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK problem solved I had checked no proxy server on my Firefox but didn't know there is also a proxy server in Windows ..... check this out .... worked

Go to Control Panel, Internet options, Connection Tab, LAN settings and at bottom of window and uncheck Proxy Server box

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

At the National Book Store's I have visited I have never seen any good road maps.

Anyone know where these can be found? Google maps was ok but nothing beats a good paper road map that doesn't have low batt or other issues.

I went to National bookstore in Bacolod SM to get a map of Bacolod. There was a messed up pile of maps on a table. I looked for awhile and then asked for help. A young man rooted thru the pile for a bit and then said "Out of stock"

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee, Mike... You could always install Linux so you wouldn't have these problems... :). Hehe!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 1