No Return Ticket Upon Entry

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys and gals,

I have a little dilemma I will be working on a 28/28 day rotation in Africa so the company I work for is happy to get me flights to and from Cebu however they usually don't send me my return ticket back to work until 5-7 days before returning which will mean that I will be arriving in Cebu without a return ticket what ways around this could i try ? I will be looking into the SRIV once I have established myself there but what are my interim options?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys and gals,

I have a little dilemma I will be working on a 28/28 day rotation in Africa so the company I work for is happy to get me flights to and from Cebu however they usually don't send me my return ticket back to work until 5-7 days before returning which will mean that I will be arriving in Cebu without a return ticket what ways around this could i try ? I will be looking into the SRIV once I have established myself there but what are my interim options?

Hi

Please reads the thousand answers to this question in other threads.

You wont be arriving in Cebu without an onward ticket so grab a cheap throw away ticket to anywhere at all and you will be fine.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For a throw away, try Air Asia from Cebu to Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia.  That has been a cheap ticket.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you are trying to find a way to beat the system that you already know exists.  If you find a way then let us know as everyone else would like to avoid those exit tickets too.

• Like 2

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

​  Isn't your company aware of this dilemma? If not you may want to explain it to them. Of course that may not care. If they won't give you a round trip ticket, then you will have to take the advice in this forum and buy the cheapest one way ticket to anywhere and take it as a business expense. Maybe your company would reimburse you for it. Otherwise it's just part of the expense of traveling abroad. 

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can get an AirAsia from Cebu to Kota Kinabala( correct spelling?????) I  see them advertised for 1 pesos now(Yes I read correctly) + add ons.

I got one in Feb normal fare online for 800 pesos.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you are trying to find a way to beat the system that you already know exists.  If you find a way then let us know as everyone else would like to avoid those exit tickets too.

You Hit the nail on the head there I have a UK seamans book from a previous contract which gets around any airline questions before arriving in PI so as long as they are not too fussed about it once I arrive in the airport it should work Or I will just request an intinerary or return ticket  from my company.