Balikbayan (Bb) Entry & Exit, "trust, But Verify"

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

I would greatly appreciate some sound input/advice from any expats here on the forum who have been, or are here under a Balikbayan (BB) entry visa.  I entered last Oct. 1, 2013 with my wife, a dual citizen, and upon her presentation of both of our USA passports to the customs agent at NAIA, I was granted a BB entry valid for 1 year upon arrival.  A bit paranoid, and prior to expiration of the 30-day limit on regular visitor's visas, we both stopped by the local BI office just to make sure things were kosher, and upon examination of my passport, the local BI agent confirmed that the BB entry was duly noted, and that I "was OK" for 1 year from entry, and no further actions required - unless, of course, I planned to over-stay. 

That said, I will be departing 90 days or so prior to my BB entry expiration, but in the interest of "trust, but verify", and "your results may vary", I want to avoid any surprises at NAIA prior to my return flight to the USA.  Do I need to deploy the mine-sweepers now?  Additional info, I will be departing unaccompanied, i.e., not with my wife.  Thanks, y'all.

SNAFU   

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Your okay. In addition to the stamp in your passport, the document was scanned and the visa type noted for the computer records. The documents will be scanned prior to your departure.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe you will still have to pay the BBB Tax... You know the one... Bob's BB tax... A couple beers before you go and you'll be fine!!!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Is the ECC needed after 6 months with the BB visa or only with the tourist visa?

SNAFU
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks, everybody.  JJ, you gave some very good advice a month or two back, about obtaining a BB entry.  Basically, the Filipino/Filipina spouse alone should approach the immigration agent upon entry, with both/all passports of the family in hand, and theirs on top.  Several times, my passport was given the BB stamp automatically, and a couple of times, my wife courteously requested BB entry for me - and it was just as courteously approved.  Be sure to allow the agent to speak and ask any questions first, after all, they're the gatekeeper to your entry. 

I'd be honored to pay your "BBB" tax, Bob!

Edited by SNAFU
  • Like 2