Room Rate Too High At The Swagman Manila

Hashes
Posted
Posted

My Wife stayed at the Swagman Manila this Month, this hotel is not Philippine/Australian owned anymore, it is Philippine/chinese owned now, their room rate is for 3 star, but this hotel now lacks general maintenance, and is in the 1 star range.

My wife's advice, look for other hotels to stay at. 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thanks for the update, when i(me &my children) have stayed in manila(ermita) we did consider it.

but the "run down"condition it looked and some of the "outstanding " local characters milling about.

we found some other place,.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Albert Russell
Posted
Posted

If you do have to stay in the Ermita area (near swagman), I have always found Executive Plaza to be a very acceptable hotel.   There are the usual street people you see elsewhere in the area outside the hotel, but it is right around the corner from Robinson's Mall, the rooms are comfortable, and price (usually under $50) is excellent as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Pity about the Swagman, used to be so good.  I used to stay there over night and catch their shuttle up to AC to see the ex and we'd do the same on the return trip.  Many good memories of the place.  Oh well, time marches on. 

• Like 1

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Swagman used to be a decent deal. Now they have overpriced themselves out of the comparable market.

• Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Swaggy was good back in the good ole days you would book your accomidation for sya 20 days then you would get tickets that allowed you to go to AC, Apo Grande Island , Baggio , and the rates were good but now, I stayed at Swaggy Manila last year overnight and was very disapointed never stay there again

What ever happened to Rod Hegartty (wrong spelling) last i heard he had a bar in Subic Bay? anyone know what it is called as I will be there next week

Cheers

• 1 month later...
the_whipster
Posted
Posted

I only ever went there a couple of times having got the Swagman bus from Balibago. Once I immeadiately went to a different part of Manila in a taxi and did not even go inside. The other time I had to wait quite a large number of hours for a flight out from NAIA. I stashed my bag there and went walkabout around Ermita however I did look the place over. The rooms seemed very expensive to me even then, although you expect to pay more for rooms in Manila of course, they still seemed priced high. And it was 60 for a 330ml SM beer at a time when I was paying that for Grandes in pinoy bars in the Visayas. The menu looked good I must say, but also expensive. I would not have stayed there even before the change in ownership.