How To Spot Fraud @ A-T-M

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that devices are still being placed at ATM'S here(elsewhere too)

thought I would post a Photo of how to detect if the ATM your using is compromised

post-1293-0-57330700-1393558574_thumb.jp

Card cloning or skimming in the country had been reported as early as 2011 but became rampant in 2012, and carried out by an international syndicate, Poe said during the hearing.

Several ATMs in Binondo, Manila; Malabon; Quezon City; and the eastern part of the metropolis were found to have been tampered with,

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/581083/poe-backs-pay-scheme-for-atm-cloning-victims

this is the article that warranted this post

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/files/2014/02/how-to-spot-atm-fraud-devices.jpg

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Pittman, I think of this every time I use an ATM - scary!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just had a big deal about this in the local news papers ..... the banks solution to the problem ..... limit the amount of money one can withdraw at one time or in one day ..... sounds like a winner to me .... I mean who needs to with draw more than p50 at any time anyway .... and if you are really hard up make it so you can with draw that p50 twice a day .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery: 

Can't understand it that ol' trick was being done in the US more than 7 years ago when I lived there but it is just now "breaking news" in the Phils ....

:cheersty:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
the banks solution to the problem .....
Which bank?  I better avoid them  :)

(My solution is have very litle money at my card, but have a service where money can be moved internal in the bank from an other acount of mine to the card acount, then do such move soon before I will take out most of the money at my card acount again. DON'T have credit card, only paying cards  (=can withdraw max what I have on the acount.)

• Like 1

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

This happens all over the world as a golden rule always take out money from ATM's inside a bank or in a well traveled respectable hotel lobby as these are usually monitored by CCTV

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Which bank? I better avoid them

Thomas the article read "banking industry" so I assume it means most banks if not all ..... I was only kidding about the amount .... I hope everyone realizes that .... :thumbsup: :hystery:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Which bank? I better avoid them

Thomas the article read "banking industry" so I assume it means most banks if not all ..... I was only kidding about the amount .... I hope everyone realizes that .... :thumbsup: :hystery:

OK. I did read it as "to small"  :)