Extension Due Before Stamp Date Or Is Stamp Date Ok?

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

been here a year on a tourest visa. Came March 7th 2013. All my extension stamps are for the 5th of the respective month.

Somehow I fell asleap at the wheel and forgot my extension was for the 5th not the 7th so I was planning to go tomorrow (the 5th)

NEway - just got my passport out to make copies for tomorrow and saw it was the 5th so I was wondering:

is getting your extension on your stamp date considered LATE, or Just in time?

BTW: going to the Davao office for my extension so I will get the latest info on where this brance is at on the new 6 month and 36 month stay policies.

tia

Dave

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My guess and guess only is you should be OK as the 5th does not end to midnight. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The day of the stamp is 'just in time'.  But don't be late.  I mean if the stamp falls on a Sunday you need to renew on the Friday before, not the Monday after

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I read where you have to present a 2x2 photo for visa renewal some where else but I'm not sure about that .... the party gave a website to refer to but it didn't open for me .... can anyone add any info on this ..... they claim it was just started a couple of days ago ..... but you know the BI .... what this office does or requires another may not .... :hystery:

:cheersty:

ducecoop
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the above replies

Edited by ducecoop

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i remember one time i was 4 days late renewing my visa and the marine guard at the bi office in manila gave me a stern warning that i could have been deported and said dont let it happen again , all that really happened was i just paid the late fee of 500 pesos a day for each day plus the renewal fee now i think the fee is 500 pesos doesnt matter how many days late ! kind of nerve racking going too that office that day i can tell you lol

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I was late one day last time ( 2 weeks ago ) it cost me 1000 pesos penalty.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

You can renew on the last day but the BI prefers you renew at least 3 days ahead of time. The stamp ends at midnight of that day.

I was a few days late once and had to pay a 1000 peso fine.

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Well

The Good News:

I was NOT late. So the stamp date is still within range (even if not really safe)

The Bad News:

-YES, 2x2 Pictures are now required (Atleast in the Davao office). This started March 1st and pictures must be less the 3 months old)

-Davao is not yet letting you get 6 month extensions

Last bit of good news

Don't know why but things seemed to run alot more efficent then usual (and on what appeared to be less staff).

I was compleatly done (Door to door) in Less then 30 minutes