Aussie Man Shot Dead In Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Another foreigner shot deadA 67-year-old Australian man has been shot dead by a Filipino man at a beach resort in the central Philippines, a police report says.The victim, Jim Burney, was having a drink with a friend at the resort in Tangalan town in Aklan province, 360km south of Manila, when he was attacked, the report said on Tuesday.It said the suspect, Pedrito Carlos, 35, was having a drink at a different table then approached Burney and shot him on Monday without any provocation.Burney suffered two gunshot wounds to the head and died on the spot, the report said.Carlos fled on his motorcycle but was arrested by police when he had an accident near the town church.Investigators recovered the gun used in the killing and are still determining the motive behind the attack.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Another foreigner shot deadA 67-year-old Australian man has been shot dead by a Filipino man at a beach resort in the central Philippines, a police report says.The victim, Jim Burney, was having a drink with a friend at the resort in Tangalan town in Aklan province, 360km south of Manila, when he was attacked, the report said on Tuesday.It said the suspect, Pedrito Carlos, 35, was having a drink at a different table then approached Burney and shot him on Monday without any provocation.Burney suffered two gunshot wounds to the head and died on the spot, the report said.Carlos fled on his motorcycle but was arrested by police when he had an accident near the town church.Investigators recovered the gun used in the killing and are still determining the motive behind the attack.
As with other news stories, this one seems to lack many details. Since they were both in the same place but at different tables and both were drinking, it would not be hard for me to believe that they may have had words, but it is hard for me to believe that the Filipino just got up and shot him for no reason, unless the Filipino was a nut case, and then all bets are off. Either way, as I have said in another post, it would seem that we all need to tread lightly nowadays because it seems to be becoming a pattern of either having us banned or this, and being banned is sure preferable to death :cheers: but neither is acceptable for verbal comments IMO. Edited by Mr. Lee

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
As with other news stories, this one seems to lack many details. Since they were both in the same place but at different tables and both were drinking, it would not be hard for me to believe that they may have had words, but it is hard for me to believe that the Filipino just got up and shot him for no reason, unless the Filipino was a nut case, and then all bets are off. Either way, as I have said in another post, it would seem that we all need to tread lightly nowadays because it seems to be becoming a pattern of either having us banned or this, and being banned is sure preferable to death :cheers: but neither is acceptable for verbal comments IMO.
This bit was added to the story on the ABC news.Police said it was believed the suspect acted out of jealousy after he saw the woman, believed to be his girlfriend, drinking with Mr Burney

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well there you have it ........ that will do it every time ........ nothing like planting your tomatoes in another man's garden ....... you'll end up with salsa ........ hahahahaha

Edited by Mike S

• 6 months later...
Genius
Posted
Posted
Well there you have it ........ that will do it every time ........ nothing like planting your tomatoes in another man's garden ....... you'll end up with salsa ........ hahahahaha
There is something wrong with a society where drinking with someone elses woman results in you being shot dead. (But it happens in Snoop doggydog land....yeah well something wrong there too). Still, I guess it keeps drinks cheap in the tourist areas, not as if they'll be a deluge of australian tourists to the phils despite the flights increasingif the society keeps on accepting this amount of lawlessness. So cheap drinks for me, weighed against possibly being shot dead by a jealous filipino who cant aim, or a security guard who is tired and letting his fingerswander, sounds fair! But I warn you Phils Tourist Board, you let San Mig keep on increasing in price and I m straight back to the 1st world!