Medical City Clark - When Will It Open?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jon or anyone, any ideas on when the new Medical City is scheduled to open?

I need to find a dermatologist with modern technology and there are none here in Subic.  I know some of the big hospitals in Manila like Makati Med have the technology, but I want to avoid Manila.  I'm hoping the new Medical City will have what I need.

Edit:  I found a couple of older articles from the ground breaking that it was supposed to be fully operational by 2013!   :bash:

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

According to this one dated Jan 2013, http://www.themedicalcity.com/newsroom/press_release_view/the-medical-city-holds-cornerstone-ceremony-for-new-hospital-in-clark-free-port-zone , it's supposed to be operational in Aug 2014. For a while sir!

Edited by jon1
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
I need to find a dermatologist with modern technology

have you looked at rxpinoy and the other sites that lists doctors,

also is your situation serious? pre-cancer or melatonin skin issues?

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15954-the-filipino-doctor-a-site-for-various-health-related/

http://www.thefilipinodoctor.com/search.php?keyword=Dermatology&spectid=20080005&specmark=1

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I need to find a dermatologist with modern technology

have you looked at rxpinoy and the other sites that lists doctors,

also is your situation serious? pre-cancer or melatonin skin issues?

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15954-the-filipino-doctor-a-site-for-various-health-related/

http://www.thefilipinodoctor.com/search.php?keyword=Dermatology&spectid=20080005&specmark=1

I have used those sites but they don't do much good as there are only 3 dermatologists in this area.  They or the local hospitals do not have the latest and greatest treatments.

I have had pre-cancerous or small skin cancers removed here in Subic, but those are not the issue.  I have a spot on my cheek that will not go away with the only eczema treatments they have here, which are steroid cremes.  Eczema, as I understand it now, means "any skin problem that we don't understand and have a name for".   :rolleyes:

I think there are some modern laser treatments for this, and I think Makati Med has them, but I am trying to avoid treatment there as it will probably entail multiple visits and I hate going to Manila.  However, I may have to.  I will probably not wait for Medical City Clark to get up and running full speed, because that will probably be 2015.

Has anybody had any luck with a particular eczema treatment?

robert k
Posted
Posted

When I was younger I had eczema on feet and hands to the point it cracked open and bled. Parents took me to the best doctors at the time and I had grensray treatments which did nothing as far as I could tell. The most effective thing I did was cover the offending part with medical tape for a couple days and scrape it with fingernails to healthy pink skin below after I took the tape off.

I had little clear pockets of fluid that appeared, usually when I was stressed as a teen going through puberty which I would pop and drain and develop a mostly dry but sometimes weeping fluid scaly patch. The tape would keep it moist and I could scrape it off after a couple days to new pink skin. Soaking in epsom salts seemed to do nothing also. As an adult I have had very mild outbreaks over the years every couple years that never reach the scaly point. Aside from the tape, the only other thing that helped at all, and I did not plan this, was letting the dog lick the afflicted parts. The dog was sniffing my feet and wanted to lick it so I let it and was amazed that it reduced the severity that at that point was like crocodile skin.

I'm certainly not a MD and none of this post is medical advice.

I'm fairly certain that I had a cancerous mole on my arm once. I was pulling a wrench and it slipped and it happened that my thumbnail split the mole in two, which grew 4 times in size and turned from pink to dark brown but my body fought it off and it eventually tore off revealing healthy pink skin below.

Pittman apartments sgn, mentioned melanoma. There is a youtube series of videos about "Black Salve" both fascinating and horrifying but it seemed effective. I wonder if the guy had not wasted so much time with the medical establishment treatment and let it go so far before trying the black salve that it might have actually cured him. I think he waited too long to see a doctor [from memory] then the doctors treated with chemo and surgery then the guy tried the black salve as a last resort, probably as the cancer was metastisising all over his body. The videos are not for those with extreme empathy.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
was letting the dog lick the afflicted parts. The dog was sniffing my feet and wanted to lick it so I let it and was amazed that it reduced the severity that at that point was like crocodile skin.

Funny coincidence, yesterday Abby said I should let the cat lick it!   :hystery:  I never put a bandaid or tape on it, so maybe that is worth a shot.

I had it checked and it is not cancerous.  I have had plenty of pre-cancers and cancers removed over the last 20 years.  Fair skin and plenty of sunburns since I was young give me a lot of spots and I have them checked as soon as possible when I detect them.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has anybody seen any updates on Medical City Clark opening date?

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I know some of what is going on, but like most, not sure I believe everything I am hearing.

I have taken the below from another website, as it was the only comprehensive explanation I could find. If you want more detail of where I took it from, PM me and I will send you the link.

I am passing on the information that is available, I have no personal way of confirming the details of the below, however I do believe it to be accurate, as I know both Dennis and Jeff, along with others who are a part of the Peregrine group.

Sorry for its length, but a full explanation is required, along with everything that Dennis was quoted as saying in regards to this dispute.

"We are mindful that anxieties and concerns have arisen over the future of the Global Gateway Logistics City (GGLC) project. We have written this information sheet to respond to various queries and issues relating to reported legal actions between the groups involved in the project.

A dispute has in fact arisen between Peregrine Development International ("Peregrine") and Global Gateway Development Corporation ("GGDC") concerning the continued effectiveness of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management Services Agreement (EPCM) which (a) granted exclusivity to Peregrine to develop the GGLC in the Clark Civil Aviation Complex and (b) obligated GGDC to provide funding to the GGLC Project.

In view of the irreparable damage and injury that Peregrine suffered and continues to suffer as a result of this dispute, Peregrine was constrained to file a "Petition for Interim Measure of Protection" before the Regional Trial Court of Angeles City (Court).

The Court issued a 72 hour (3 day) Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) on June 10, 2014. Thereafter, the Court issued another Order on June 13, 2014 extending it by 17 days resulting in a 20-day TRO."

In plain words, the GGDC was ordered to return the operating funds previously withdrawn and to continue providing status quo funding for the GGLC Project, pending determination by the Arbitration Board of the validity of the termination of the EPCM."

What happened is that KGL Investment Asia has ignored the TRO, has not reinstated the $1.5 million USD Peregrine operating fund thereby bringing all construction to a halt.

This action broke a binding contract. This work stoppage not only affects GGLC but the Medical City Hospital as well!

"Peregrine then sent letters to GGDC on June 11, 2014 and June 18, 2014 demanding compliance with the said two Court Orders. GGDC continued to ignore the Court Orders and Peregrine's letters. On June 20, 2014, finding itself unable to continue with its construction work and in financial distress, and due to GGDC's continued non-compliance with the Orders of the Court, and Urgent Petition for Contempt was filed against GGDC also before the Regional Trial Court of Angeles City.

Thereafter, in the Petition for Interim Measure Case, the Court on June 27, 2014 issued a Writ of Preliminary injunction against GGDC, which effectively directed GGDC to respect the terms of the EPCM agreement and continue to status quo funding the GGLC Project throughout the duration of the dispute. To date, GGDC has not complied with the Writ of Preliminary Injunction.

"In the meantime, we ask for you continued patience and understanding as we pursue all legal remedies available to us for the welfare and benefit of all who have worked and are presently working for the project including present and prospective locators."

For an explanation of who KGL is, well Dennis and Peregrine needed an investor and Dennis researched and evaluated many different Investment companies in the Middle East plus many others in different parts of the world. Dennis selected KGL (Kuwait Gulf Link). He considered KGL to be a able to fund the project and be trustworthy. What developed was that Peregrine would give ownership rights to KGL in return for prime contractor/Exclusivity. Peregrine would do the work as the "Exclusive Prime Contractor and KGL would own (lease-hold) Finance and Fund as manifested in the EPCM contract (Engineering Procurement Construction Management). In other words Peregrine has the right to do all the work.

Since then Peregrine conceived the Project, reserved the Land through the CDC (Clark Development Corporation), developed the site, did all the marketing, designs and construction. The only task for KGL was to fund and finance the project as contracted. Naturally KGL monitored the progress, conducted monthly audits with KGL a "report card" every 3 months. After 6 years the overall review of schedule, cost control, value added and overall performance averaged 96.8% which means Peregrine was doing a good job. 

Only a few days ago hundreds of workers were laid off and construction has come to a standstill. 

In short, construction has stopped on the hospital which was mostly complete, including most of the medical machinery already installed and no one seems to know if and when this will be resolved.

Hope this helps,

Papa Carl

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

As Jake would say, there's chit in the river and it stinks!   :bash:  :1 (103):

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
jon1
Posted
Posted

I have recently heard that the construction has restarted. When I drove past the hospital last week, I noticed no more cranes and the hospital looks finished on the inside. So hopefully this is true and will be operational soon.

• Like 1