elsaphil1979
Posted
Posted

has anyone ever shipped a car from us to pi just out of curosity

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

To make a long story short. DON'T!!! I looked into it briefly myself. And without re-looking up all the details, the bottom line is, that after all the import taxes, fees, registration, shipping costs and everything else involved it is cheaper to buy a new car here. Not only that, depending on where you plan to live the car you have now might not be appropriate for driving here. Size etc. So unless you are really emotionally attached to the vehicle don't bother.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

I believe that with the retirement visa they will let the car in free but it's still going to cost to ship. If it's not the same as a local model car, it may be a pain to get parts for. I would recommend selling rather than shipping also, as Scott said. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I believe that with the retirement visa they will let the car in free but it's still going to cost to ship.
I'm not sure, perhaps I mix it up with Thailand, but I believe vehicles are EXCEPTED from the custom free importing when moving to Phils.

BUT Malaysia don't have such "punishment" custom fees for cars. Some import cars to Malaysia and THEN move them to where they want them inside the Asia7 (where both Phils and Thailand are)

BUT then the cars are only driven legaly there for a shorter visit period.

Summary: Better NOT bring cars  :)

(But some import cars to Phils as PARTS, BUT recently Phil customs found out some error with how the organiced importing has been done for several years, found out several cars are in Phils illegal.)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Yes Thomas, you mixed it up :bash: