Last Visit To Philippines

intrepid
Posted
Posted

We have been here since March 13 and have only 9 days left before we go home.  This will be my last visit to the Philippines!  We are moving here for the long stay in less than two years!  About a year left to work when i get back and about 8 months to tie up all the loose ends and out of the good ole US of A. 

I have a weather questions for those who have been living here for a while.  I have visited the PI for more than ten years now and my stays are usually 1.5-2 months stay and have included every month of the year at least one time.  But this trip seems to be the best weather I ever experienced!  Every time I have been here it has been HOTTT and of course humid.  This is the first time I have experienced many dry days and almost every day with a good to strong breeze.  We have been in Manila, Laguna, Negros-Bacolod and San Carlos City.  There has only been a handfull of days with no breeze.  Is this unusual or have I just been unlucky to have never experienced these breezes in all of my past trips?  Even our last trip of December-January only had a couple days where the breeze blew and then it was very light and for only hours a day.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Philippines have 4 different weather zones, irregular "slices" vertical on a map. You can see them e g here

http://kidlat.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/cab/climate.htm

This time of year it's the hotest and least rain. The west zone is the one with least rain in average this time of year.

Breeze or not is much more complicated. E g it's biger chance for breeze close to the ocean where it's difference in temperature between land and ocean which can make breeze.   There are also monsun and an other I forgot the name of for the moment, different time of the year, one coming from East, one from SouthWest. Of course cover or not for winds in different places make difference too.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

We're on the beach not too far from San Carlos, we rarely run the air conditioners except for this time of year.  I'll never forget the first time I arrived in Manila in April.  37C (98ish F for those still using that ancient system), sun was out and 90% humidity; it hit me like a fist. 

• Like 1