Collection Of Package From Phil Post In Cebu

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

I sent a package (ordered online) to my friends address in Cebu. No tracking number. It left the usa 22nd march. How long should it take? I just went to the Phil post office in Cebu and the guy at desk 30 (collections desk) says they don't have it. But there's no tracking number, he just said its not in their computer.

Any tips?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

In 7 years I have never used PhilPost due to the horror stories I have heard about lost, delayed, taxed, broken, or stolen packages.  I hope you will tell us how this turns out.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Missing information. How was it sent, US mail or private carrier? May be in customs. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have ordered several items from Amazon. Two have arrived with no problems, waiting on the third, a bit late actually but not pushing the panic button yet. Now what has happened with me is that the package arrives at the post office. It has been held there and a note sent via the mail carrier to the house (kind of like a certified letter in the states that requires a signature to pick up). At the post office in with the custom representative present, the package was opened and inspected. And in my case a customs import fee to be paid as well as VAT and an extra P50 (I think that's the amount) for the customs stamp. Now before you ask, this wasn't a Kano shake down. I politely asked to see the relevant regulation regarding this, and was taken into the back, offered a soda and had a nice conversation with the head honcho. He opened up the regulations and we looked at them together (frankly I was looking for fine print to try talk my way around the fee :1 (103): ). But all was above board and correct.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have had numerous things sent to me using the regular mail from the US.  It generally takes 4-6 weeks though.... but I have always received my stuff.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I sent my Special Someone a netbook through regular mail a couple years ago. I only paid a bit more for it than what the free insurance by Canada Post covered so I didn't bother with that. And I sent it the cheapest way possible. About a month and a half after tracking showed that it had left Canada on a ship, it still hasn't showed up. So I filled out the insurance form to get my money back and sent that it. This initiated a phone call to the Philippines Post Office which checked their warehouse and immediately delivered the parcel to their customs office. At least it was found and ready for pick up!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 4