Moving To Cebu - Looking For Car

adwadcebu
Posted
Posted

Hello. I am moving with my family to Cebu for a 3 year assignment. We are moving from Toronto and I had the opportunity to see Cebu before deciding. We will be living on Mactan island, which seems a little far from the city proper. I was wondering about purchasing a car to get around since the kids will be in school in CIS. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum! I moved your post and question to a better category.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We just purchased a used SUV after looking a couple months at vehicles.  Found it at "ALBA Auto Sales & Services".  Friendly folks, no pressure, and the prices seemed reasonable.  Not sure if it is okay to post their web site URL, but you can find it using google.  We live about 3 hours from Cebu city and have gotten tired of being dependent on the bus to get from our house in the province to the city.  Also It is buyer beware in the Philippines, unless you choose to buy new.  We took a mechanic with us for the final inspection and test drive.   Maybe just me, but if we actually lived in Cebu City, I probably would not want a car.  The traffic is an absolute bitch. :1 (103):   There is lots of public transportation and very affordable rates and you do not have the stress of driving. 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you prefer a cheap to buy car, they ASSEMBLE "Suzuki MT" in more than one company in Metro Cebu. There are several types built on same chassi. Most suiting to families are Minivan type.  They cost around 190 000 pesos new assembled.

They are not so nice to drive, weak motors, but perhaps you find them ok for driving in city.